Votes: 184 66.7%
  • knocked out ASAP and finish 10th

Votes: 92 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
The FA Cup final with no supporters in the stadium is a very neutered event. Really not fussed about how far we progress this year.

Yeah, this is my thought. Under normal circumstances our first major trophy and survival would be the greatest achievement in the club's history. It would be entirely depressing (especially as it is in walking distance) not to be there. For that reason, give me a quick exit from the cup this year, and a few really fun wins in the league from the sofa resulting in our highest ever finish.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Win the Cup and we could have a BUS PARADE when times allow.

Not sure they will bother for a 10th place finish.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Win a trophy and AND stay up?? Absolutely ... To win something the herberts up the road have not would be intolerable for them!! I am genuinely not sure these days- does an FA Cup win mean Europe as well???
That said, I am suggesting that GP plays a 2nd string on Wednesday with the schedule we have had and the injuries we have..

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Win a trophy and AND stay up?? Absolutely ... To win something the herberts up the road have not would be intolerable for them!! I am genuinely not sure these days- does an FA Cup win mean Europe as well???
That said, I am suggesting that GP plays a 2nd string on Wednesday with the schedule we have had and the injuries we have..

Yes.

The winner qualifies for the 2021–22 UEFA Europa League group stage.

The league cup winners will qualify for the UEFA Europa Conference League.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm assuming 80 of our fellow posters misread the question and assumed the option was the perennial "get relegated or win the cup" question.
The remaining votes from the usual Palace gimps.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I'm assuming 80 of our fellow posters misread the question and assumed the option was the perennial "get relegated or win the cup" question.

Marked paucity of anyone justifying that position on the thread; overwhelming comment is for the bit of history. Like you, cant understand why anyone would pass that up for 7 places in one season.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

I VERY nearly voted finishing 10th before I realised the Cup option also had us staying up. I was SHOCKED when I saw most people prefer top ten and NOT winning the cup. MADNESS.

I get that winning it in a year with no or reduced fans would be hugely annoying, but surely that is still better than not winning it? We can just win it again next year when fans are back.

Imagine having the FA Cup trophy in the cabinet. OHMIGOSH :D :D :D

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
In years to come what would we look back on as a more memorable achievement... that season we finished 10th or that season we won the FA Cup. Im thinking the latter.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Trying to win a trophy - that's a radical idea when everyone knows football these days is only about trying to make money - especially out of your stupid customers.

I vote that a professional football club should always try to win every competition they are in - because the fans might enjoy it.

If we go with the under 12s again in any competition, I want those responsible removed from the club, for treating the fans with contempt.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
10th all day long - FA cup = instant and meaningless gratification, 10h = consistency, playing at a high level, hitting targets, easier to attract good quality players in, solid foundations for the future etc etc etc....no brainer.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
10th all day long - FA cup = instant and meaningless gratification, 10h = consistency, playing at a high level, hitting targets, easier to attract good quality players in, solid foundations for the future etc etc etc....no brainer.

Who finished 10th last season?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Would have been interesting if the question was

Win the FA Cup & get relegated
or
Get knocked out of the FA Cup and stay up.

Still would have voted win the Cup - surely glory before safety ?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Would have been interesting if the question was

Win the FA Cup & get relegated
or
Get knocked out of the FA Cup and stay up.

Still would have voted win the Cup - surely glory before safety ?

Totally. Glory all the way!

There won't ever be any club merchandise with "Top half Premier League finish 2020/21" printed on it.
Anyone playing in that final would be instant Legends and never forgotten by the faithful.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Totally. Glory all the way!

There won't ever be any club merchandise with "Top half Premier League finish 2020/21" printed on it.
Anyone playing in that final would be instant Legends and never forgotten by the faithful.

Absolutely!

Let's face it, we're going to finish 11th to 15th

The last half a dozen games will be a bit meh

Whereas we're just 3 games away from a major final

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here