Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] What will you be ‘panic buying’ tomorrow morning?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh dear, my panic buying will consist of wine, lots of it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I suspect there are a lot of people reading or contributing to this thread who ARE going to do a big shop imminently but don't want to admit it because they don't want the shelves to be empty when they get there.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I suspect there are a lot of people reading or contributing to this thread who ARE going to do a big shop imminently but don't want to admit it because they don't want the shelves to be empty when they get there.
Well it would be a bit silly to encourage others to empty the shop before you get there. :shrug:

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Done all our shopping at the weekend. We do not need to go near any shop until after Xmas now

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just got back from Tesco Holmbush and it was pretty manic - the queue out of the door was snaking down past the covered section and round the pathway towards the bus stop. The shelves were well stocked though, there was plenty of fresh meat, fruit and veg, and they were working hard putting stuff out. We got everything we wanted - right down to the ground nutmeg for my eggnog I am attempting this year. So busy then, but not stupidly out of control stripped shelves like during the first pre-lockdown, which surprised me slightly given the ominous news of the 48 hour port closures.

* I'll add here that this was not a 'panic' jobbie, just the usual final pre-Christmas supermarket shop we do. I refuse to go NEAR the place any closer to Christmas Day, and I'm certainly not having Christmas Eve ruined by a stress-test down there.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Because it's a WAR with the EU.

We've got Gunboats and we're going to use them!

The French navy must bebricking it. :lolol: DSC_0739-1800x1200-800x533-800x445.jpg

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Exactly. Funnily enough, wasn't that the whole point of this Brexit malarkey, to take control of our borders etc.? The moment others do, with good reason, it's seen as an affront to us...

What's the phrase? "They want to eat their cake, and have it too" - or was that the Carry On version? [emoji38]ol:
The phrase is accredited to Marie Antionette who obviously is French so you can no longer use the phrase due to import restrictions you will have to make do with "missed the boat".

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The phrase is accredited to Marie Antionette who obviously is French so you can no longer use the phrase due to import restrictions you will have to make do with "missed the boat".

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Whilsat gnawing on a stale fruitless rock cake

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Boris is still getting Brexit done. Nearly there.Yes they are allowed in as they do not have the mutant virus.

Great Simone has finally answered my question, so if that’s the case why are people passing their pants over wether the clementines are going to arrive in time for Christmas?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here