Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What will happen to Vicente?

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Hahaha, Vicente comes on, shows everybody up for under performing, wins the game. And the stupid twats on here still want to send back to Spain.

Would everybody who does not think Brighton and hove Albion should retain the services of the greatest player ever to play for our club. Kindly f*** off and follow someone else.

He is brilliant, simply brilliant. Who would have thought 10 years ago that such an amazing player would don the blue and white stripes.

Oh yeah sorry, most of you were thinking who man united's biggest waste of money was then.

Jul 26, 2004
Next Door
I might be a bit drunk as have been enjoying myself after the game. But I swear the time he put a Pompey player on his arse by simpley looking the other way was the best bit of football I have seen for years.
Love the bloke, its a joy to see such skill at my club.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
To be fair, I make it in fifty minutes play or so, two goals and three assists. I hope he stays anyway, at least for another year. And preferably more :thumbsup:

Three goals my friend. Did you forget the cracker at Ipswich? :rave:

If we can keep any clogging defenders off him in the run-in, we have a very good weapon to bring off the bench with 30 minutes to go :clap2:

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I seem to remember when he signed that it was a one-year contract with the club holding an option for a second year. I really hope this is true.

From an interview with Poyet:

Poyet is delighted at his side's solid form since the turn of the year and added: "We are on a good run. We are in a good position and it is up to us now to take it.

"I feel Vicente has the quality to do it in the Premier League. He has a one-year option on his contract and at the moment there is a 50-50 chance of him being here next season."

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Have heard rumours and not saying it's true at all or anything like the situation, but if he was on 10k EURO basic and 10k EURO match fee, with club having a year option where it changes to 15k and 5k (both doubled with promotion) would you take it now? Surely you'd wait till end of season and see how much he's played.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I feel like a kid at Christmas when he comes on, he is streets ahead of anyone we have had in the stripes and I love every minutes he plays I hope he stays.

D

Deleted User X18H

go to seagulls player and watch the after match interview with Gus again also Vicente's own interview both free by the way

Not THAT interview. He said later that it would be 50/50 re Vicente being here next season. Vicente interview? Watch it? I'm in it.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
He is the best player I've ever seen in a Brighton shirt, and I go back to the 70's.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He is the best player I've ever seen in a Brighton shirt, and I go back to the 70's.

Even better than the days of Gary Stevens and Lawro ? Both very classy, Stevens tackling in the box and passing out from defence was sublime

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
According to Naylor on Twitter, it would appear that Gus has mae him to a "make or break" mini pre-season which would explain his absense from the squad since Liverpool. Hope its true, because with him pulling the strings, the play offs are a cert.
I said the level of his influence would determine whether or not we reached the play offs right after the Leicester game when his cross for Buckley won the game for us. I'm standing by that. If he comes on and proves instrumental in 3 or 4 of the remaining games where we are struggling to break down the opposition, we will end up in the top 6. He is the best player I've ever seen at the club.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
When he comes on, he lifts the team. That's why he is so influential.

I can see why he is a legend to Valencia fans.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
I might be a bit drunk as have been enjoying myself after the game. But I swear the time he put a Pompey player on his arse by simpley looking the other way was the best bit of football I have seen for years.
Love the bloke, its a joy to see such skill at my club.

too much information me thinks

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Even better than the days of Gary Stevens and Lawro ? Both very classy, Stevens tackling in the box and passing out from defence was sublime
Yes. Much as I loved Gary Stevens he didn't win 38 caps for England, let alone Spain. (Which he obviously couldn't do as he wasn't Spanish, but hopefully you get the point). I've been watching Brighton since 1966 and comparisons between eras are always odious, but IMO Vicente is possibly the most talented player we've ever had, just shading out Lawrenson. That's also judging him at his current level, rather than when he was at the peak of his career as we've had several 'used to be good but now plays in the lower leagues for Brighton' type players over the years. (An honourable exception being Frank Worthington who although well past his best when he came to us was still brilliant).

You saved me the effort to reply :smile:

Though you did reply anyway.

Vicente is obviously sharp and got a lot of ability.
I don't really get how people can say, after a few minutes coming off the bench against low-talented defenders, that he's better than Ward or Lawrenson.

At the time, Ward was the closest British football had been to George Best (basically something along the lines that Jimmy Greaves had stated at the time), and Lawrenson was about as good as Franz Beckenbauer, often getting to balls that defied belief, he had no right to reach, and wading through a crowd to take the ball upfield rather than hoof it.

Vicente looks good, but sending a couple of Portsmouth defenders the wrong way doesn't make him the best ever. Not yet anyway.
Poking the ball into a space on the pitch that happens to have a frame with a net around it is also something that gets a player good ratings - but it is what it is, put simply.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Not THAT interview. He said later that it would be 50/50 re Vicente being here next season. Vicente interview? Watch it? I'm in it.

Also, watch the Lua Lua interview, as all the interviewer does is ask KLL about Vicente (which Kazenga takes in good grace, with only slight annoyance).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Though you did reply anyway.

Vicente is obviously sharp and got a lot of ability.
I don't really get how people can say, after a few minutes coming off the bench against low-talented defenders, that he's better than Ward or Lawrenson.

At the time, Ward was the closest British football had been to George Best (basically something along the lines that Jimmy Greaves had stated at the time), and Lawrenson was about as good as Franz Beckenbauer, often getting to balls that defied belief, he had no right to reach, and wading through a crowd to take the ball upfield rather than hoof it.

Vicente looks good, but sending a couple of Portsmouth defenders the wrong way doesn't make him the best ever. Not yet anyway.
Poking the ball into a space on the pitch that happens to have a frame with a net around it is also something that gets a player good ratings - but it is what it is, put simply.

For goodness sake - AGAIN because you hadn't heard of him during his 10-odd-years at the TOP with Valencia and Spain, they don't count? He's not brilliant because of what he's done HERE. Was chatting to about 6 Spanish lads at football practice yesterday morning, all Deportivo La Caruna fans (they're a club in Spain, NMH) and they all fell over themselves telling me how he was EASILY the best player in all of Spain a few games back.

Judging people's overall quality on just what they do for us (especially when its been about 5 games) is very retarded.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Today was the first game I have seen where he showed out and out passion for the club. Loved his celebration!

Given it was an away game, I'd say he celebrated as much at Ipswich...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here