Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What will happen to Vicente?

For goodness sake - AGAIN because you hadn't heard of him during his 10-odd-years at the TOP with Valencia and Spain, they don't count? He's not brilliant because of what he's done HERE. Was chatting to about 6 Spanish lads at football practice yesterday morning, all Deportivo La Caruna fans (they're a club in Spain, NMH) and they all fell over themselves telling me how he was EASILY the best player in all of Spain a few games back.

Judging people's overall quality on just what they do for us (especially when its been about 5 games) is very retarded.

So, you just listened to hearsay from Spanish fans and tell me this nonsense?

He may well be an amazing player, but YOU and most of the people crowing about his ability did not even see him playing for his Spanish club.
Your post is drivel and you just confirmed my suspicions on what you base your opinion of a player on!

Did you also crow about Lynch because Forest wanted him?
Howabout Maybank - I remember people thought he was football genius because we set a club record in buying him!

Better than Ward or Lawrenson, after what, a couple of cameo appearances for us?
Do give over!

Of course I HOPE that comes true, and that he turns out to be the best player even in the Premiership, with us

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
this picture makes me feel a bit funny in my downstairs region....

0,,10433~10587468,00.jpg

Perfectly balanced footballer.

His quick feet and passing are a joy to behold. I just hope he can spend more than thirty minutes on the pitch every 5 games.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
Could we accommodate him AND Razak on the pitch at the same time? I'd have to take tissues to the match with me.....

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Name dropping here, but Ashley Barnes told me a couple of weeks ago that Vicente wants to be here next season

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
6 probably 9 points is quite an impact. Probably more of an impact than CMS, but we can't speak bad of CMS can we.

Vicente is in another planet compared to most players in this league.
this - that 'most' should be an 'all' though, shouldn't it? there's no one close

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Name dropping here, but Ashley Barnes told me a couple of weeks ago that Vicente wants to be here next season

Does Ash want to be here next Season? (after reading THAT thread on here)

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
If the rumours are true that he is slightly fragile in the psychological department then maybe he would like to stay next season because of feeling settled and hopefully happy, especially having Spanish speakers such as Gus, Tanno, Calde & Jara Reyes around him to hopefully make him feel at home. Couple that with playing for a club who have a bright future, then why wouldn't he want to stay?

I don't think its about the money for him. I think that first goal celebration spoke volumes and wasn't just for show.

Is he the best player to ever wear the blue & white? Yes, the signs are there. Here's hoping anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Classiest player I've ever seen by far in the stripes in the 35yrs or so I've been watching the Albion

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Though you did reply anyway.

Vicente is obviously sharp and got a lot of ability.
I don't really get how people can say, after a few minutes coming off the bench against low-talented defenders, that he's better than Ward or Lawrenson.

At the time, Ward was the closest British football had been to George Best (basically something along the lines that Jimmy Greaves had stated at the time), and Lawrenson was about as good as Franz Beckenbauer, often getting to balls that defied belief, he had no right to reach, and wading through a crowd to take the ball upfield rather than hoof it.

Vicente looks good, but sending a couple of Portsmouth defenders the wrong way doesn't make him the best ever. Not yet anyway.
Poking the ball into a space on the pitch that happens to have a frame with a net around it is also something that gets a player good ratings - but it is what it is, put simply.
Well it's all about opinions and yours is just as valid as mine. But even though (when we were in the 3rd division) Ward was touted as 'the new Greaves' or 'the new Best', in the end he wasn't; indeed one could argue that he wasn't as big a success in the top division, either with us or Forest, as Zamora has been. And his international career was almost non-existent.

Don't get me wrong, nothing but nothing will EVER replace the excitement I got from watching Wardie bamboozle 3rd and 2nd division defenders and it don't think anything ever will, but looking at it dispassionately Vicente is the probably the better player. Just my opinion, like.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I really hope he stays fit and stays with us. I keep watching that You Tube video with the Avril Lavigne Black Star soundtrack, gives me goosebumps. Well done to whoever submitted it BTW. :thumbsup:

Well it's all about opinions and yours is just as valid as mine. But even though (when we were in the 3rd division) Ward was touted as 'the new Greaves' or 'the new Best', in the end he wasn't; indeed one could argue that he wasn't as big a success in the top division, either with us or Forest, as Zamora has been. And his international career was almost non-existent.

Don't get me wrong, nothing but nothing will EVER replace the excitement I got from watching Wardie bamboozle 3rd and 2nd division defenders and it don't think anything ever will, but looking at it dispassionately Vicente is the probably the better player. Just my opinion, like.

Ward, sadly, did not get to play at the top in the prime of his career....which was with us in the 2nd and 3rd divisions.
However, if you recall him dumping England defenders on their arses in the Goldstone dusty turf when we played Ipswich and Arsenal in cup matches, and you realise that he skipped around multiple players who rushed to close him down and rarely got disposessed once he was off on a mazy dribbling session, and that in his brief England career of what...6 minutes or something(?) he could hardly be said to have been given a chance, and that he did get an international run-out against Norway and scored a modest hat-trick...... I feel that he remains somewhat statistically under-stated.
No 3rd Division player was likely to get picked for England, then as now. There was no other player as mercurially talented as that lad was then, in any division.

Yes, we agree to differ on the short evidence tabled from Vicente, and I'll stick to hoping that he gets more than the hour or so to add more weight to the claims that he's the 'best ever'. Euphoria and jingoistic passions are fueling these statements in my view. I dearly want to join in - but remain cautiously optimistic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here