Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What were YOU like at 18?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Enjoyed watching and doing sport, but spent most my time with mates playing goldeneye in my bedroom. Didn't really like going out. Didn't have a clue about what i wanted to do in life and was a bit of a lazy git. Didn't want to start work and 25 years on can't wait to finish work.... at least i am consistent.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's no way to speak of your late father
I doubt one of the purposes of NSC is for you to crack jokes about a complete strangers deceased parent.

Nicks

Having a whale of a time in the Navy. Bristol Beer Keller 1976 ?
IMG_1031.JPG

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I doubt one of the purposes of NSC is for you to crack jokes about a complete strangers deceased parent.
Oh come on, you know I'm not meaning any offence and the joke isn't at your father's expense.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Moved to Brighton after A levels to study at Brighton Polytechnic and have never looked back. Spent most of the first year watching as much live music as possible and frequenting The Basement and Gloucester nightclubs. Zap and Escape also played a huge part.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fingering

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Enjoyed watching and doing sport, but spent most my time with mates playing goldeneye in my bedroom. Didn't really like going out. Didn't have a clue about what i wanted to do in life and was a bit of a lazy git. Didn't want to start work and 25 years on can't wait to finish work.... at least i am consistent.
Are you Garry Nelson's right foot?

That sounds an incredible amount like me, his left. Your last two sentences are exactly why I moved to Tokyo!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A bit pretentious. My politics today are the same though: anti-capitalist.
This is a good point. I voted for Maggie when I was 18 :facepalm: I wasn’t pretentious at that age either.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Thought I was gonna change the world. Then I found out about bills and taxes.

Last edited:

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
1974 - following the Albion and booze, nighclubbing and going out with a girl called Linda from Moulsecoomb and her parents let me stay Saturday nights so we could sleep together (well not sleep actually) Funnily enough her two brothers also had their girlfriends over most weekends as well, doing the same thing. A little bit of heaven for a young lad until a couple of months later she wanted to get engaged, she had already told her parents we were going to . . . good things tend not to last.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here