Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What were you doing 15 years ago today?

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
in a mini bus heading west not sure how my nerves coped with that day .- but what a day ! Thanks Robbie for everything ..without that goal non league football 75 miles away from Brighton and the chances of Amex every happeneing would have been a distant dream

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I know where I was heading EXACTLY this time 15 years ago. It was on very tense coach journey. It became even tenser when the gearbox blew up about 20 miles out of Worthing. :eek:

Coming back was a serious party though!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
About now I was driving up the M23 when a complete cock of a passenger said the words "oh shit I've forgotten the tickets....."

It all worked out okay in the end though :)

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I know where I was heading EXACTLY this time 15 years ago. It was on very tense coach journey. It became even tenser when the gearbox blew up about 20 miles out of Worthing. :eek:

I was on that bus, we had to wait for a replacement at Boxhill. The party at Newbury afterwards was something else.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Also in a mini bus heading Westwards with other random members from the Down Under Bar. Stopped in some random village for more beer, then on to the ground to finish one hell of a day! Was it really 15 sodding years ago.....

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Was 13 years old and went to watch Burgess Hill play whilst listening to Brighton on the radio

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
were you celebrating the
1997: Labour routs Tories in historic election
The Labour Party has won the general election in a landslide victory, leaving the Conservatives in tatters after 18 years in power, with Scotland and Wales left devoid of Tory representation.?
may be not
It felt tremendous at the time but a month later the realisation sunk in that nothing much was going to change with New Labour becoming Blue Labour.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Was in my flat in Radom, Poland. Had been expected to go in to the school I was Director of to oversee Cambridge exam mocks but called in sick. BBC World switched on and my mate in Brighton had my number to ring in any and every development. That night I had way too many depth charges with Zubrovka!

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Sitting in my Dads car with two of his mates as we made a long car jounrey, I remember later that day I was depressed,I laughed,I cryed and then was exstatic all within an hour and a half,Even saw a bull

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
1998 I had no chance of getting a ticket so we were glued to the TV that afternoon. Dreaded to think what would have happened if we had lost.

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
I was living in Hong Kong,had the night off the pub i was working in. Went all over the city trying to find a radio that could pick up the world service.At 1 am i was in the food store of the pub with the philipino kitchen staff radio, 25 mins left and the man on it tells me we are 1.0 down,and that they have never gone live to a match at this level before.So the last 20 mins of that game was heard around the world,my wife to be who was working the bar just out side the kitchen at the end was crying more than me.We went drinking till the sun came up, lots of football fans who had gone up or made play-offs,but no one was as happy as me .

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I remember wearing my Brighton shirt in Liverpool that day. Several scousers wished us luck and then after the match several more expressed pleasure at our great escape. That was the most nerve-racking day of my life where the Albion were concerned.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I was on my way to the Len Weston Terrace
Hereford.jpg

We had decided we were going to this game anyway, some time before Hereford were dragged into the fray. I had rung their ticket office a few weeks before the end of the season and bought my tickets then. I recall speaking with the chap in ticket office and him remarking that it looked like Brighton would just about escape relegation, and that Hereford looked pretty safe! I think at the time they were 3 or 4 places above us. I think that's why we ended up with tickets in the Len Weston Terrace (on the side of the pitch) as those were the tickets they were selling that far in advance.

We stayed over at friends in Cheltenham after, and went out in town (kept our shirts on), and many Cheltenham fans congratulated us as Hereford are one of their local rivals, I don't think we had to buy many drinks for ourselves that evening! Bumped into half a dozen other Albion fans too in Hawaiian shirts, it was a good evening.

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
Train up from Worthing to Gatwick, bit of brekkie then all aboard the Coxy & Duffy mini-bus with an assortment of what are best described as characters. At about this time (10.50ish) we were the first mini-bus to pull into a pub in Ledbury. Quiet spot for pre-match we thought - by about mid-day an Albion festival was in full swing.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

I was on that coach - what a day!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here