What were you doing 15 years ago today?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I was taking advantage of some sort of cheap deal with a Network SouthEast Railcard that allowed families to travel first class for practically nothing. We had a day out somewhere out west.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Just about to (or sitting) my finals at Sussex.

actually, wasn't it Euro finals that year? I remember trying to study and seeing the England-Holland game on and having to miss it as I had an important exam the morning after. Or was that the year before. hmmm. memory not great these days

Also remember everyone shouting "Seaman Seaman Seaman" in the East Slope bar when he saved a penalty or freekick in one of the games.

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
Drinkin' some milk and causing havoc. I was 1...

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Can't remember. Give me a clue.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Can't remember. I may have gone to footy, but it's all a haze nowadays.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Just about to (or sitting) my finals at Sussex.

actually, wasn't it Euro finals that year? I remember trying to study and seeing the England-Holland game on and having to miss it as I had an important exam the morning after. Or was that the year before. hmmm. memory not great these days

Also remember everyone shouting "Seaman Seaman Seaman" in the East Slope bar when he saved a penalty or freekick in one of the games.

Yeah - year before. Was the Scotland game that Seaman save. I was in a pub in Victoria and two scottish blokes were kicked out for being pissed. They collapsed backwards on the floor when Gascoigne scored, both dropping their pints on themselves. Good summer that one.

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
were you celebrating the
1997: Labour routs Tories in historic election
The Labour Party has won the general election in a landslide victory, leaving the Conservatives in tatters after 18 years in power, with Scotland and Wales left devoid of Tory representation.?
may be not

So close! Seeing as I was a 17 year old who liked beer, politics wasn't really high up on my daily agenda!

were you celebrating the
1997: Labour routs Tories in historic election
The Labour Party has won the general election in a landslide victory, leaving the Conservatives in tatters after 18 years in power, with Scotland and Wales left devoid of Tory representation.?
may be not
The odd thing about that Tory defeat is that people seemed to find it hard to take. I remember blue flags flying all over the place, even though Blair had won the election.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Cant work out whether some posters are on the wind up or genuinely dont get the significance of this day 15 years ago.

For me the most important day in our entire history.

Me? I was driving a minibus in a westerly direction

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The odd thing about that Tory defeat is that people seemed to find it hard to take. I remember blue flags flying all over the place, even though Blair had won the election.

Ah but probably not in the north of the country. Didn't see too many blue flags in Liverpool lol!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I was sitting in the Edwardian on Howard Road with my best mate listening to a game of football on the radio and swearing at anybody who made the slightest noise.

Spent the evening singing footy related songs at Karaoke..... Think I did we are the champions 3 times....!!

I spent the morning with my brother who was a gibbering wreck having just seen his first child born overnight.
Early afternoon driving brother, his partner and said newborn home.
From 15.00 to 16.45 driving aimlessley arond mid sussex turning radio on and off at various random times.
16.48 ish to 17.00 sat in car somewhere between Haywards Heath and Hassocks weeping through sheer relief.
I have no recollection of the evening.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
At uni, listening to the radio in my room!

I think I got sozzled that night (not that I ever needed an excuse back then :D)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports