Leighton Buzzard

Because I won't get insured on one of these :lol:
cupra.jpg

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
1959 Morris Minor (1000cc).

I was learning to drive in one, so bought one for £65. Cost me £75 to insure back in 1976.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
1982 Mk1 Vauxhall Astra Estate

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Mini Clubman Estate - given to me by my Mum so couldn't be fussy!

Biggest problem was that it was an automatic - so when I sold it and bought a new manual car I'd forgotten how to use the gears and had to be driven from the garage by my then girlfriend.:blush:

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
get a golf instead of a polo!

Would love an old mk2 gti, a golf's minimum engine is a 1.4 though isn't it? I haven't really looked on insurance websites as I don't really know what I'm doing as it's usually astronomical for some 1.0 shit heap :lol: I must be doing something wrong :shrug: Seeming as I haven't even started lessons yet (birthday in March) I'll keep dreaming about the leon :)

Flumpyj

Mar 3, 2009
Hillman Imp,m8`s Mum gave it to me,wouldn`t go round corners,even with a paving slab under the hood lol!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Red Austin Maestro. Named Rosie as the previous owner had written this on the side. Saddest day when I took it to the scrap people. I'm sure she purred on her last journey.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Would love an old mk2 gti, a golf's minimum engine is a 1.4 though isn't it? I haven't really looked on insurance websites as I don't really know what I'm doing as it's usually astronomical for some 1.0 shit heap :lol: I must be doing something wrong :shrug: Seeming as I haven't even started lessons yet (birthday in March) I'll keep dreaming about the leon :)

yer golfs are aleast 1.4 i think. go on you mum or dads insurance for the first couple of years!

In 1971 it was very well known around Brighton...................unfortunatly mostly by the police :lolol:

I think the massive Micky Mouse sticker on the boot slightly de-valued it.....actually I still had the maroon one and then got the 1200 version in two tone green, this had a special drivers door, it was held shut with string!! but it was the super duper version as opposed to the 997 maroon one.

images
My 997 was surprisingly zippy.

It could manage the M1 at a consistent 65 mph. Tearing along an empty outside lane, past all the steady guys travelling at 55.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
W reg black 2.0 Litre Peugeot 206 HDi Turbo Sport Diesel, costing I think £1,900 in January 2010 - I think the whole of NSC knows what happened to that though :facepalm:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
http://imcdb.org/i105734.jpg

Mk1 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6L from Shoreham auctions - £450 to buy, £650 to insure.

Crashed it within a year (recurring theme on this thread!) went on to Motorbikes afterwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here