Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your first car? (not toy)

Devon Seagull

Sep 25, 2004
South Devon
40428598.jpg
We've been discussing cars in the office today and I was surprised that my somewhat younger colleagues hadn't heard of my first car which was a old white "P" reg Vauxhall Chevette two door hatchback with red leatherette seats! I think I paid £995 for it (with a bit of help from my Dad) and bought it from Patcham Car Sales. I remember pulling the choke out to make it go faster!! :ascarf:

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I had a 993cc 4speed F reg Vauxhall Nova . It was of such a poor spec it didn't come with a parcel shelf and had a blank plate instead of the analogue clock !! And yet I still put a K+N air filter on it, brilliant

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
A rotting Triumph Vitesse, insurance for drivers under twenty five was rather different then.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I shared my dads Toyota Corolla first of all. Then got a white Metro City 1.0, which I "jazzed up" by painting a black spoiler on the front and putting a Metro sticker across the back window.

Then I t-boned somebody and that was the end of that.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Datsun Violet SSS Coupe at £400 from a mate. Part futuristic vision part tired old rust bucket. Owed me nothing in the end though.

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
have my first car at the moment, a dark blue Vauxhall Corsa, hopefully i'll be able to drive it properly after I've had my test in March!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Vauxhall chevette 4 door saloon in White bought from the auction,
Wrote off within 6 months! DOH!

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
WCA936K. Austin 1100 DeLuxe, circa 1972 bought for £500 and sold in about 1986 for £45 plus £32 that was still current on the tax disk.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
A Seat Marbella, which I bought in the Quadrant for £50, and sold for the same amount a few years later.

The gearstick had so much "play" that it was only possible to change gear with a front seat passenger if they were a double amputee

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
MG Metro

Shit car - had a steering wheel though and got me to the albion without relying on anyone else. Man that car saw the english countryside on the way to the play-offs in 91.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
VW Golf Mk2 non-turbo diesel. A month younger than me and unable to fight its way out of a wet paper bag. Got rid rather quickly.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
img006.jpg

Vauxall Cresta. I bought it in 1964. Bench seats column change. Just over the road in Stanmer Woods girls could be laid flat across the seats in the front or back. If they were tall you sometimes had to have the door open.
( Not recommended in the winter.) :thumbsup:

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Morris Marina for about £300 in 1984 until someone nicked out of my garage ,smashed it up and dumped on Hollingbury Golf course .Just for the stereo I might add. That was nicked and all my John Peel session tapes and live punk bootlegs .That was the bit that really hurt.

Still bought a Rover P6 (3500 V8)after that from Wayfarers outside Worthing station on a whim for £250 . Went like shit off a shovel. Once made it back from Castle Donnington (Derbyshire) in 2 and half hours , pre M25. It was early hours of a Sunday morning and I was late for work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here