[Albion] What was your favourite goal from yesterday’s game against Newcastle?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite goal against Newcastle - 20/3/21

• Trossard

Votes: 109 43.1%
  • Welbeck

Votes: 93 36.8%
  • Maupay

Votes: 51 20.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maupay.

Because a third felt like such a luxury, and also because he so badly wanted and needed it. Strikers feed off confidence. Hopefully that gives him some (plus he worked his nuts off all game, as he has done for several weeks).

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Technically Trossards , GTFI ability Wellbecks , relief Maupay , the abuse he is taking on the matchday threads is embarrassing, very happy for him .

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Welbeck.

Brilliant ball from Lallana, great touch and lay off from Maupay, excellent pass from Trossard, great run and stunning finish from Welbz. The way he hit with such power and curve was wonderful. Beautiful goal all round.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Welbeck for me.

First time pass by Lallana.
Excellent control and lay off by Maupay
Great pass by Trossard
Superb finish by Welbeck

Brilliant team goal.......

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Trossard, it was the most important goal and I felt comfortable from that point onwards as Newcastle were dire.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
All great goals, but Trossard just for the opening goal right before half time. Screamed the house down.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Welbeck.
However I’d point out all the goals came from quick forward play, not tippy tappy 200 pass moves that eventually end up back with Big Bob. That’s what I liked most about yesterday we really mixed up the style.
Had we got the first v Palace that is how that game would have gone IMO.

Obviously the third, a player who has wrongly got too much flak on here given 18 goals in 2 seasons

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
All great strikes and much needed by the in individual players but Trossard gets my vote.

Scoring two in a row could really boost his confidence for the run in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah cos ones so much better than the other

[tweet]1373915853687713794[/tweet]

Mary-Kate is a munter when compared to Ashley. :lol:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Not entirely off-topic.

A delicious stat in the Times today. Joelinton is second in the list of players who have scored goals in Newcastle matches this season and who were born on 14 August 1996. He's got one. Neil Maupay has three.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Loved all three but I voted Maupay, because...you know....the TURN. To have such a sublime piece of skill rewarded with a similarly sharp piece of finishing from Neal was just perfect and summed up the style in which we had dominated the game.

That said Welbeck and Trossard's were exceptional too, both great finishes but with Maupay's chest down to play in Trossard for the assist on G2 and Veltman's fantastic pass for G1 we also saw brilliant team play.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Welbeck's for me as it was crucial soon after Newcastle had hit post. Killed them off after nearly getting an undeserved equaliser

The timing was perfect. Newcastle were starting to make an effort straight after the break, nearly scored but this goal stymied that completely.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Maupay's was my favourite because it is most important to us that he gains some confidence. There is no natural replacement for him. Trossard's was the most important in that it set us up in the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports