Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What WAS Roberto thinking?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Six shots six goals bar one deflection isn’t good enough and it’s not the first time with him in goal. I haven’t a clue what he was doing for AEK’s winner either.
i didn’t think he was very good with their second , even though Watkins scuffed his shot

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
It used to be the case that the spine of the team was from the goalkeeper through the centre-halves to the centre forward. If the spine was picked consistently then changes could be made around it without unbalancing the team. The constant chopping and changing of late has not helped the development of understanding between players, particularly in defence. Having said that, some changes have been forced through injury, but when we're starting to hook three players off every half time you have to wonder. Nothing wrong with changing things if your first idea isn 't working, but this could be damaging as the season goes on, especially if we've gone behind and are relying on an enforced Plan B to play catch-up.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Indeed -rotation is a difficult thing but the idea is not that you benefit right now but deeper into the season

I'd normally just say "that's what she said" but you are indeed correct that the benefit should be awarded deeper into the season.

She yells "Much deeper, really deep."

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Yeah watched the first minute and saw nothing to warrant "top saves" so I stopped.... Steele is a below average shot stopper. A lot worse than Sanchez in that regard and hopefully Bart is a lot better
Sweet Jesus, have you actually typed that, read it back, and still actually pressed post reply?

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
We've played nine games so far this season and have not once used the same starting line up!

The first few games one, two or three players were different in each starting 11. But in the last four games there have been 7, 8, 6 and 9 changes from the previous starting eleven.

I know he's trying to keep everyone involved and fresh, but its too much and seems to be impacting us negatively.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Enjoy! xxx

I'm not entirely sure i did. I really like Jason Steele as a person and his contribution to our possession play has been nice. But that video basically consists of an awful lot of attackers whacking the ball straight at him. The Leeds one was a decent stop, as was the first one in the video, he got across nicely to the Stoke one from distance. But no 'amazing saves'. But anyway, whatever.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We had Carlos Baleba available so why was he only brought on at 87 mins?

Was rated well on Wednesday night.
As I said to Dwayne, I was talking about the whole squad. Pretty sure Baleba was being saved for Thursday (but we’ll see, I guess). Our lack of midfield depth is a worry. That’s pretty much what RDZ was saying

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep it's very worrying he seems to have an unhealthy obsession with rotating players recently which has been an unmitigated disaster, it's almost like self sabotage. And mentally the players are beginning to believe they're tired as well !!
Hard to disagree with your last sentence, ready made excuse before a ball is kicked. Not ideal

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
This is a thread about our glorious leader. I’m sure there’s another one somewhere where you could slaughter our players. Several pop up on here whenever we lose.
Slaughter our players = saying that Steele is a below average shot stopper?

Get a grip

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
De Zerbi has Champions League aspirations and he thinks he needs this much rotation to do it.

I don't necessarily agree with him bit the reality is with injuries and new players needing time to settle we do have to rotate a bit. Caicedo had the benefit of a loan to Belgium, Mac Allister Boca. Our midfield isn't as strong as last year and i think it means we will lose more games to better sides. I don't think it means our manager is mental. Hopefully we stay in contention this half of the season and if Dahoud and Baleba aren't quite up to scratch still we can bring in another body- easier said than done.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I agree that losing that one game isn't a disaster, (shame it had to be by so many though), losing however can quickly become a habit.

We need to bounce back fast.
With Liverpool, Citeh and Marseille to come which one was winnable?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here