Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What transfer business do you think needs to be done in January?

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Has anyone else considered that Graham might actively not want a mega expensive striker to be parachuted into the team despite some fans demands. His whole ethos is about the group, personal development and doing things differently. And I for one would rather finish day 4th doing it this way than spending obscene amounts just buying the best players to win the league. I am inordinately proud of the way our club is doing things.

I’m such a contrarian because I’d like to see us spend obscene amounts on buying the best players to win the league.

Regrettably, I’d also like to see us ‘bankrupt’ the club on reckless panic buying.

Why can’t I see sense? Someone help me here…

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think there is more chance of the second coming then Connolly leaving.I think he has something on Potter or Ashworth.

Otherwise i agree with you you.We will be signing a striker .Possibly from the EFL and Gross wil be leaving

I wonder if Blackburn would take Connolly in px for Brereton? Connolly has huge potential and was lethal against Championship outfit Swansea earlier this season but is clearly a few years from developing the sort of maturity the club and Potter need from their players.

Personally, I think he is an EPL level player in the waiting but maybe Blackburn could do the heavy lifting in getting him to that level whilst we take their current star in exchange?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I think we need 6 players for the forward roles when we play in a 3-4-3.

I’m happy with Maupay, Sarmiento, Welbeck and Trossard but we need two more. I’m not including March in this because he can’t shoot.

We’ll have to keep at least one from Connolly, Andone & Locadia.

A gap for a new striker should exist. Whilst I’d like Brereton, Larin could be the one as he nears the end of his contract. Andone (good rep in Turkey) going the other way could be a good carrot for the Turks.

We've seen a back 4 in many recent games and I wonder if Potter will be deploying this more regularly for the remainder of the season. This allows us an additional attacker and is similar to Potters 1st season with us

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We've seen a back 4 in many recent games and I wonder if Potter will be deploying this more regularly for the remainder of the season. This allows us an additional attacker and is similar to Potters 1st season with us

A back 4 looks pretty decent against sides that just want to sit back and take the point (like Brentford last night). However, we weren’t tested that much defensively last night, I’m more comfortable with a back 3 against big six sides (starting with Chelsea) plus Lamptey & Cucu have more freedom to attack.

I’d personally like to see a back 4 for 6 of our last 8 remaining home fixtures.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Failure to sign at least 2 new strikers will result in relegation,financial melt-down and a return to the stone-age

Why oh why can Potter,Ashworth,Bloom,Barber and the catering staff not see it?

We are DOOMED!!!

The most sensible post you have ever made Frank! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This would be a good move for all concerned if true.

Yup. Just what the town’s night time economy needs after the effect of Covid-19.

479d879ffdb112b92ca6dd089df4bdd9.jpg

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Our goal scoring issues need to be sorted out in January or else it’s clearly a bottom third finish for us. I don’t think this is a question of shooting practice, we simply don’t have enough goal scorers in the squad. We must sign some goal getters if we’ve any hope of finishing in the top half but who are we going to get in?

Firstly, we need to ship some players out.

OUT:

Connolly is currently persona non grata, let’s get him out on a loan. They’ll be demand from Championship clubs that are low on strikers or goals but if he could be sent to the Belgiums in exchange for one of their in form forwards, some might be happy.

As Locadia enters his last 6 months of being an Albion player, a loan out would seem the best for everyone. Perhaps FC Twente who were hot for him before or even the Belgiums. He is not going to do much good here. Perhaps a night club might sign him?

Taylor Richards would be another to loan out. Perhaps to a Championship side who need an attacking midfielder. He is so low in the pecking order, I just can’t see him getting ahead of the dozen midfielders he is competing against for a 1st team start. His development and game time must be prioritised.

Sarmiento would also benefit from game time but the jury is still out on whether he can positively affect the 1st team. If Potter starts to trust him with EPL game time, he might be a solution to the goal drought.

I’m not sure when Alzate will be back but he seems like another goal shy midfielder in need of a loan to get back to full fitness. He’ll be nowhere near the starting 11 this season with a dozen other midfielders preferred.

IN:

It may well be that Sima & Andone are handed back to us. Hopefully they’ll both go straight back out on loan. I suspect that Sima needs to show loan-form before we give him a chance and Andone seems to have gone out of his way to ruin his current loan, perhaps we could cancel his contract, he’s clearly not the same player as he was before those awful injuries.

We may well want to pull back Zeqiri & Mitoma but I suspect their clubs will want to keep them.

Mitoma might be an option if he has scored enough permit-points, but he strikes me as similar to Sarmiento.

What we really need is back-up for Welbeck when he is injured and for Maupay when his confidence deserts him and his shooting prowess degrades to amateur level. However, I’ve a hunch we’ll have to wait until the summer sadly.

Say it loud and proud. We need to sign a striker! Good post…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here