Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What transfer business do you think needs to be done in January?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I am very worried that we have lost our last main scapegoat out on loan, we need to sign another striker from a noddy league to compete with Locadia and keep the boo boys distracted.

Times are a bit desperate as we can see from the Ryan / White threads from today, but no worries - Pascal Gross is next up I think.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Times are a bit desperate as we can see from the Ryan / White threads from today, but no worries - Pascal Gross is next up I think.

Mwepu got a lot of crap yesterday. People will always find someone. I guess it’s the same at Citeh.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The “could disrupt team balance / dressing room morale, etc” point could be made about every signing. Maybe we should never sign any player ever again, then the dressing room will never ever be disrupted!?

We were brilliant yesterday, mainly because the wild card Ally Mac came good. I told you all he could shoot unlike all our other midfielders. He did, we won. Here’s hoping (a) Potter gives him more game time more consistently; and (b) Ally Mac continues to do what he did yesterday.

With AC gone, we need to (at least) recall a loan striker. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Mwepu got a lot of crap yesterday. People will always find someone. I guess it’s the same at Citeh.

Hang on, he has two assists, one magnificent. Admittedly he needs to be more consistent, but who are these idiots dissing Mwepu!?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Hang on, he has two assists, one magnificent. Admittedly he needs to be more consistent, but who are these idiots dissing Mwepu!?

Match day thread.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
The “could disrupt team balance / dressing room morale, etc” point could be made about every signing. Maybe we should never sign any player ever again, then the dressing room will never ever be disrupted!?

We were brilliant yesterday, mainly because the wild card Ally Mac came good. I told you all he could shoot unlike all our other midfielders. He did, we won. Here’s hoping (a) Potter gives him more game time more consistently; and (b) Ally Mac continues to do what he did yesterday.

With AC gone, we need to (at least) recall a loan striker. We shall see.

Nobody/nothing should be allowed to disrupt our march to Europa league glory

There,ive said it!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Match day thread.

Match day thread comments are NEVER considered. They are kind of stream-of-consciousness emotional responses to what happened a few seconds ago. I’d not worry too much about them.

I said I’d like to marry Mac after he’d scored the winner but having had some time to consider this position, perhaps I’d need to move in with him first and see how we got on before I offer him the ring.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Personally think we should sell Maupay and Welbz just to see if we can hear b.w.2's head exploding over the internet.

Fortunately the club are too well run to induce my head explosion for that reason.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011

Well OK but my heart just won't be in it. Ah for the heady days of the likes of Kemy Agustien and Leon Best. You weren't around back then Swanny but they were players you could get properly angered by for their lack of effort as waistbands visibly grew over a season or who just trotted around the pitch without a care in the world even as the final seconds ticked away in a 0-1 loss. This modern day sniping at model professional players who always give their all but aren't quite as good as some of our other players just feels, I don't know, somehow bitchy and pathetic in comparison. But maybe that is just me?

That said and to show willing I would like to go on record as saying PG's ear hair is getting out of control and when he gets played out of position at right back he looks like a good player being played out of position at right back.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Andone just came on as a sub for Cadiz vs Saville.

Are they really sending him back ?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Anyone else suddenly in a lovely place where beyond additional bodies to cope with Covid issues they’re not actually that concerned about this window?

Personally with the points on the board a new striker can wait (yes I know AGAIN) and personally I’d like to see any funds concentrated into buying another wide player/AMC that can challenge Trossard/March for their squad place. Probably that should be Mitoma but I respect USG and their desire to win the league this season and so think we can let him stay there.

How refreshing to not actually be refreshing social media feeds every half an hour to find any names linked with us.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This.................................and a striker.

Maybe look again in the summer, but not now. Maupay in form and Wellbeck back.

There is a limited pool at present and premium costs.

I can't see a new one arriving for the first team in this window.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I personally think Rodon from Spurs is a possibility

My other opinion is what happens on the weekend

With the way we’ve been playing recently with Welbeck getting back, I personally believe if Evan Ferguson starts in the cup match it will show Potters belief in him and he will then be Connollys replacement in the squad

We’re not big movers and shakers in the January window and we’ll be outbid by Newcastle for our most realistic targets

Saying that, if the above happens I’ll be happy with that

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Anyone else suddenly in a lovely place where beyond additional bodies to cope with Covid issues they’re not actually that concerned about this window?

Personally with the points on the board a new striker can wait (yes I know AGAIN) and personally I’d like to see any funds concentrated into buying another wide player/AMC that can challenge Trossard/March for their squad place. Probably that should be Mitoma but I respect USG and their desire to win the league this season and so think we can let him stay there.

How refreshing to not actually be refreshing social media feeds every half an hour to find any names linked with us.
I agree.

Rather than signing new players, new contracts for Trossard, Bissouma, Maupay and Mac Allister are more of a priority ( if they are prepared to sign ).

However, if the club do not sign anyone and then drop down the league then there will be a mighty big stick available for some to beat the club with.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Maybe look again in the summer, but not now. Maupay in form and Welbeck back.

There is a limited pool at present and premium costs.

I can't see a new one arriving for the first team in this window.

And Trossard. He's viewed and played as a striker in our system. Maupay, Welbeck and Trossard have all played across our front three positions this season. It's why I don't think he's that worried, let's not forget he played as the main man away against Liverpool and was excellent. Plus, if one of those is injured (for example Welbeck) then in steps Mwepu, Lallana or Mac Allister to fill the gap.

When we did look for a striker in the summer, it was Nicolas Gonzalez, another Trossard-style forward (who's scored 2 in 17 incidentally for Fiorentina) and Nunez who was arguably a more traditional man up top but too expensive and probably too good for little old Brighton.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

We already have that player. He started against West Ham but got injured and will be available for selection mid-Feb.

Sarmiento could yet prove a sensation this season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
missing chances and our low goals scored will return so its short sighted to not sign a striker

Walking a tightrope if any get injured.

Squad game and we need more options upfront fairly urgently still

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here