Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What transfer business do you think needs to be done in January?

Amexarmadillo

Dec 22, 2021
We still need a good third striker option. Especially with Wellbeck likely to always miss half a season. It is literally the only part of the squad that looks weak if key players get injured.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
What i don't want is a rash decision to get in a striker ( or stinker like Locadia ) as a knee jerk reaction. Goals seem to be coming as we seem to be breaking quicker.

Agree with many here, we've got Maupay and Trossard hitting a bit of form, Welbeck back and Mac Argie showing signs that he knows where the net is..........Tough call I know and never thought I'd be saying this but maybe wait till summer.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Anyone else seen this:
Brighton submit £10m +Van Hecke and a midfielder for Ben Bereton Diaz?

Is this clickbait or has anyone else verified it?

Also, if true who is the midfielder? Screenshot_20220109-152956.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just because we've had a couple of wins, doesn't change the fact that we need a striker. The club don't live or die with their recruitment policy over a few weeks of fixtures. They are constantly looking by all accounts, and eventually the right player will be available at the right price, and we'll get him - regardless of our current form.

So yes, we still need a striker and I expect us to land one soon.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just because we've had a couple of wins, doesn't change the fact that we need a striker. The club don't live or die with their recruitment policy over a few weeks of fixtures. They are constantly looking by all accounts, and eventually the right player will be available at the right price, and we'll get him - regardless of our current form.

So yes, we still need a striker and I expect us to land one soon.

What he said [emoji1312]

Connolly & Locadia have been moved out to accommodate someone, I’d be surprised if it’s just Ferguson.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Anyone else seen this:
Brighton submit £10m +Van Hecke and a midfielder for Ben Bereton Diaz?

Is this clickbait or has anyone else verified it?

Also, if true who is the midfielder?View attachment 143598

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

******Controversial opinion warning********

Whilst this rumour is clearly BS, I’d not mind if the midfielder is Groß seeing as he is now behind Lalllana, Mac Allister, Moder, Mwepu and maybe Alzate.

With so few minutes likely in the second half of the season, he is clearly likely to leave in the summer on a free. Despite his wonderful and amazing service for us, it might be nice to get some sort of value out of him before he leaves.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I wonder if we’re still looking at Tito Kadewere. I vaguely remember us being linked with him a couple of years ago when he was at Le Harve. He ended up going to Lyon instead, however he’s fallen out of favour this season after 10 goals in 2000 minutes the season before. Can play up front or on either wing, absolutely rapid and 6’. Doesn’t fit in to how Lyon play but he could be a decent cheap option.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
******Controversial opinion warning********

Whilst this rumour is clearly BS, I’d not mind if the midfielder is Groß seeing as he is now behind Lalllana, Mac Allister, Moder, Mwepu and maybe Alzate.

With so few minutes likely in the second half of the season, he is clearly likely to leave in the summer on a free. Despite his wonderful and amazing service for us, it might be nice to get some sort of value out of him before he leaves.

Agree I don’t think there is substance =BS rumours
Kehdra would be the obvious midfielder Shirley though ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Agree I don’t think there is substance =BS rumours
Kehdra would be the obvious midfielder Shirley though ?

I don’t think they’d get two players ‘with potential’ off us. Khadra is pushing for our first team next season and backing it up with good Championship performances, I’m not sure Brereton has that much more potential, we’d want them both I think.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I don’t think they’d get two players ‘with potential’ off us. Khadra is pushing for our first team next season and backing it up with good Championship performances, I’m not sure Brereton has that much more potential, we’d want them both I think.

If you were making up a click bait
Would you not use the fact they’re already playing well for Blackburn as a lure
The.fact we re discussing it Suggests it’s worked despite it being rather vague

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here