Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What things annoy you - even though they shouldn't really?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The Aussie fanatics was a manufactured group as a response to the verbal beating the Aussie players recieved by the Barmy Army. I didn't know it had spread to tennis.

They really are a bunch of gobby boorish twats. I wouldn't have cared before, but now I really hope Hewitt loses.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
The sound of mastication is absolutely appalling and when that is coupled with crumbs of food around the mouth that just sit there it really gets my goat. Totally ridiculous, I know.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
When there's only one checkout open at the grocery store and you're next in line with a long queue of people behind you, then a member of staff opens up another checkout and everyone at the back of the queue goes running to that one so that they're served and out of the place while you're still standing there waiting! Really pisses me off as it is only common courtesy that the next person in line should go first.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Twats who walk in cycle lanes
Maria sharapova grunting when playing tennis....I had to turn off the tennis this afternoon as it was really winding me up.
The " Aussie fanatics" at Wimbledon. Makes palace's ultras sound tuneful.

Wimbledon full stop. Overhyped toffs occassion, the real sport hidden behind screeching upper/middle class (mostly) women who blather on about it endlessly for two weeks and speak like they are sports geeks, until the day after the final when their talk goes back to handbags/shoes/calories in lettuce or whatever for another 50 weeks. I got dragged along with my old boss once to a corporate day there, it was truly fvcking horrendous. Oh, and agree with Sharapova's grunting, in another scenario I'd put up with it, but not tennis.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
ALWAYS the same people that say 'can I get' and 'like'.

:sick:

I know that gets mentioned in every one of these threads but that is incredibly irritating.

Speaking of irritating North Americanisms, I was watching the women's football the other day and had to switch off the sound, not because of Jonathan Pearce surprisingly, but because of that ****ing 'let's go Canada, let's go' chant. If we ever end up with a similar chant at the Amex, I'm not coming back on principle.

The fact they had a 'team huddle' in their penalty box when they conceded their second goal just took the biscuit.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
People on trains who walk through the carriages just as their stop is coming
up - banging into you - for one reason - so they can get off the train closer to the
station exit.

If you knew where the exit was, fu*king get on the train in the appropriate place
to start with ffs.

Slow swimmers in swimming lanes who wait until just as you are finishing your length
to swim off in front of you. That f***** infuriates me. And people who leave rubbish in the
swimming changing rooms when there's a bin 6 ft f***** away.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
People complaining about Americanisms and about "can I get". It feels like a cliché to be irritated by it, that people are listing it because they can't think of anything else and know people will all go 'oh yeah, me too'.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Another one from me - and I admit this is VERY petty. Film posters where the names above the stars pictured don't match! Quite often you'll get a nice uniform pic of 4 people in a row - then the names above don't tally. I know this is probably because of what stars are demanding as top billing etc, but it's just a small irritation that is very petty indeed!

View attachment 66457

Wow, nice one. I really thought I was the only person that had noticed this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here