Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What things annoy you - even though they shouldn't really?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yep, one of my peeves is the train conductors who get on the in train PA and ramble on for ages as if they are a pilot

"Good afternoon, I'm your conductor today and on behalf of Great Western I'd like to welcome you aboard this 15:00 service to wherever , a trolley serving light refreshments ........" SHUT THE EFF UP!

You have to listen because they sometimes tell you that the train splits or short platforms etc but my god it gets on my schnards.

When I used to commute to London Bridge there was one particular conductor who seemed to love the sound of his own voice (which was weird because he was Northern Irish). As soon as I heard it was him I let out an audible sigh and prepared for the worst. FIVE minutes later I will have once again heard which coaches the toilets, where first class is, that it's a no smoking train and a detailed run-down of all the stops and times we would reach. Then as we approached London Bridge he'd go on another spiel, there was even an occasion when he informed us that there were delays in CARLISLE.

These days I drive to work and get irritated by the BBC Sussex travel update. It seems to be 5 minutes of them talking about "the usual queues", I already know about them, I want to hear about the UNUSUAL things that might affect my journey.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Sitting down with a copy of Hemmingway's The Old Man and the Sea (the only book in our toilet) to curl out some bum chocolate and the frickin doorbell rings every bloody time with some delivery for my other half. It's almost uncanny how often it happens.

That said, I concur with the post about about this thread cropping up every couple of days, but then again don't they all?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Sitting down with a copy of Hemmingway's The Old Man and the Sea (the only book in our toilet) to curl out some bum chocolate and the frickin doorbell rings every bloody time with some delivery for my other half. It's almost uncanny how often it happens.

That said, I concur with the post about about this thread cropping up every couple of days, but then again don't they all?

I am the guilty instigator of this thread - my defence being that I hadn't previously seen other threads like it. But I have no witnesses, so not sure it'll stand up in court. I'm going daaaaaan!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
These threads do come along often, and as pointed out, these are actually all good reasons to get annoyed but I love a good moan up.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
When you're in Sainsbury's and they play an advert over their loudspeaker system and it ends with that bloke saying "Sainsbury's: live well for less". Can't stand his intonation.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
That little jingle at the end of McDonald's adverts, I don't what it is about it but it really annoys me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lycra clad cyclists who refuse to use cycle paths provided for their own safety, Falmer to Woodingdean for example.

God, yes.

"Oh. I'm far too SERIOUS a cyclist, to use a cycle path. Those are for kids and casual cyclists. I'll just wobble up this hill, at 6 miles an hour with a 100yard queue of traffic behind me, because I'm ****ing PROPER".

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Get really annoyed when ringing local Chinese take away to order and the girl at the other end (being Chinese) doesn't speak English very well and it takes ages to get the order done. Not sure what I expect but it annoys the hell out of me.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Twats who walk in cycle lanes
Maria sharapova grunting when playing tennis....I had to turn off the tennis this afternoon as it was really winding me up.
The " Aussie fanatics" at Wimbledon. Makes palace's ultras sound tuneful.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Twats who walk in cycle lanes
Maria sharapova grunting when playing tennis....I had to turn off the tennis this afternoon as it was really winding me up.
The " Aussie fanatics" at Wimbledon. Makes palace's ultras sound tuneful.

The Aussie fanatics was a manufactured group as a response to the verbal beating the Aussie players recieved by the Barmy Army. I didn't know it had spread to tennis.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Aussie fanatics was a manufactured group as a response to the verbal beating the Aussie players recieved by the Barmy Army. I didn't know it had spread to tennis.

They are on bbc2 now Leyton Hewitt match

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here