Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What should you do if someone has invaded on your privacy online?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You know that film Psycho where the bloke's mum is dead; a skeleton sitting in a rocking chair and the main character sits there arguing with himself.......

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
173805472.jpg

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
He asked me for my email. I sent it and it definitely wasn't my mothers.

My first ever message. Not hard to find..

The email in question is associated with your account, not because of a message you sent containing the email address, but because there is a little bar in the sign-up form which asks for your email. You put that email address into that little bar. It's automated, not manual. & you would have had to click the link in the confirmation email, so it was an email you had access to.

What did you say your name was?

Nothing people hate more than a liar, except for one who keeps lying mistakenly believing that by maintaining the lie they retain some form of credibility.

You don't.

Own up and apologize, see what we all see, and feel embarrassed and ashamed. Take the mockery and dirty looks as they come, you've earned them, maybe in time things will get better.

If you carry on like this, the Internets will eventually come for you, then there will be nothing any of us can do.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Given it's now public on here, did he register with zamora1966@hotmil.com ?

No, with his/her mother's email address, which he is denying ever using. Given that:

1: I have no idea who (s)he is
2: The registration system is automated and cannot be adjusted by the mods
3: None of the mod team have no need/desire to make up random information about people

...then the only conclusion that can be reached is that the email address used to register is his/her mothers, and that he/she is either a very good wind up merchant or in denial. I have sent the screenshot of the registration to the zamora1966 email address, and am awaiting the reply with bated breath.

Regards

EP

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Given it's now public on here, did he register with zamora1966@hotmil.com ?

Yes, I did register with this email, but El Presidente has private messaged me my Mums email. WTF!?

He's also keeps going on about me being a women even after I've confirmed my sex.

I just read about cyber bullying.

Looks familiar?

Cyberbullying is the use of information technology to harm or harass other people in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner.[1] According to U.S. Legal Definitions, Cyber-bullying could be limited to posting rumors or gossips about a person in the internet bringing about hatred in other’s minds; or it may go to the extent of personally identifying victims and publishing materials severely defaming and humiliating them.[2]

With the increase in use of these technologies, cyberbullying has become increasingly common, especially among teenagers.[3] Awareness has also risen, due in part to high-profile cases like the suicide of Tyler Clementi.[4]

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I personally pop on a tin foil hat and wait for the alien invasion. Isn't that what everyone does?

:shrug:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
The email in question is associated with your account, not because of a message you sent containing the email address, but because there is a little bar in the sign-up form which asks for your email. You put that email address into that little bar. It's automated, not manual. & you would have had to click the link in the confirmation email, so it was an email you had access to.

What did you say your name was?

Nothing people hate more than a liar, except for one who keeps lying mistakenly believing that by maintaining the lie they retain some form of credibility.

You don't.

Own up and apologize, see what we all see, and feel embarrassed and ashamed. Take the mockery and dirty looks as they come, you've earned them, maybe in time things will get better.

If you carry on like this, the Internets will eventually come for you, then there will be nothing any of us can do.

let's not forget what you private messaged me last mate! I'm sure it would get you banned! Who in their right mind goes asking for drugs on NSC!? Is this how you always go looking for weed?

Glad I didn't help you.

anyway. I didn't register with my mums email.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yes, I did register with this email, but El Presidente has private messaged me my Mums email. WTF!?

He's also keeps going on about me being a women even after I've confirmed my sex.

Looks familiar?

Cyberbullying is the use of information technology to harm or harass other people in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner.[1] According to U.S. Legal Definitions, Cyber-bullying could be limited to posting rumors or gossips about a person in the internet bringing about hatred in other’s minds; or it may go to the extent of personally identifying victims and publishing materials severely defaming and humiliating them.[2]

With the increase in use of these technologies, cyberbullying has become increasingly common, especially among teenagers.[3] Awareness has also risen, due in part to high-profile cases like the suicide of Tyler Clementi.[4][/

Madness

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Looks familiar?

With the increase in use of these technologies, cyberbullying has become increasingly common, especially among teenagers.[3] Awareness has also risen, due in part to high-profile cases like the suicide of Tyler Clementi.[4]

I am sure you don't realize this, but what you are doing fits the definition of cyber bullying to a tee.

Maybe it's time for some self reflection.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Your hat (tinfoil, medium) is on its way to your home address, which I just happen to already know.
Ah but do you know where all the pretend people I've made up live?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

So what about answering the questions in post #104 ?

EP can only have got that info if YOU supplied it and the form for vBulletin ( i.e. the software this board runs on ) is automated. That means if it's in the screenshot he's sent you then only YOU can have out it there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here