Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What should the club do about yesterday's game?

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
Interesting interview with Joel Veltman live from the Amex on talksport. Played it with a straight bat really and just said need to focus on our performances as they’ve been that good we can beat anyone etc
Veltman could have done better with both Spurs goals. For the first he gave Son too much room and let him come inside and shoot.

For the second, he was standing still with his arms behind his back whilst the ball was about 3 yards away from arriving at Kane's feet. I feel the outcome would have been different if Veltman had closed Kane down - he had time.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Haven't read this thread, just chucking my opinion in. Don't have to read it.

PGMOL (corrupt self governing idiots) have apologised on three separate occasions, therefore admitting their guilt. I can understand Mr Bloom currently sitting on his hands. But come the end of the season, let's see where we are in the league and whether we have qualified for Europe or not. Let's see how many players we lose to the billionaire club (the 'big 6' twats) because they want European football competition. Lets accrue our losses and take the PGMOL to court and sue them for losses, they've already admitted their guilt, they have no recourse.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Haven't read this thread, just chucking my opinion in. Don't have to read it.

PGMOL (corrupt self governing idiots) have apologised on three separate occasions, therefore admitting their guilt. I can understand Mr Bloom currently sitting on his hands. But come the end of the season, let's see where we are in the league and whether we have qualified for Europe or not. Let's see how many players we lose to the billionaire club (the 'big 6' twats) because they want European football competition. Lets accrue our losses and take the PGMOL to court and sue them for losses, they've already admitted their guilt, they have no recourse.
Suing is a non starter, there is no guarantee we would have got a single extra point or end result in the games if the incorrect decisions had been given, just that it would have made it more likely.

W3D

I'm Thirsty
Apr 21, 2021
Worthing
Suing is a non starter, there is no guarantee we would have got a single extra point or end result in the games if the incorrect decisions had been given, just that it would have made it more likely.
I'm no lawyer, but civil cases are decided on a balance of probability, so if it's more likely we'd have won the games we might have a case

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I'm no lawyer, but civil cases are decided on a balance of probability, so if it's more likely we'd have won the games we might have a case
I hated football this week because of what happened last weekend. It took Man United throwing away a two goal lead in the last 6 minutes with two own goals, one of them in injury time by Harry Maguire, for me to think I might ever enjoy it again.

While we have unquestionably suffered this season and objectively our league position isn't just dictated by whether we're not good enough to be even higher but at least as much by officials not being good enough, we're not alone in that. There's an argument we're worse impacted than other clubs but West Ham, Newcastle, I think Everton too and others have also all lost likely points because of officiating errors and the consequences for them could be equally impactful.

I don't think a single club can or should realistically try and sue anyone, but collectively I'd love the clubs to challenge that the integrity and trust in the game is the lowest it's probably ever been because of these errors, and without that it no longer functions as a spectacle or a competition.

Then if they can give Harry "made of crisps" Kane a lifetime ban - for his own safety being so fragile, then it's possible next season might be a fairer competition for all.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Loving the Wiki entry for PGMOL :lolol:

Screenshot_20230415_133626_Chrome.jpg

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I’m not sure where to start with this, but no. And thankfully the club won’t be wasting their time or money on legal proceedings

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here