Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what Reading are saying on their Boards....

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Course we do. There's going to be a few idiots and an awful lot of dross posted amongst our 6 and a half thousand active members. From what I can make out that site has two active members and they spend much of their day getting a date in the diary for the next cuzza.
xx

On the bright side for SeagullsChat, it must be really easy to organise a forum curry night now: the daft bint that flounced on here, her husband and Martyn(Mongo)20. lol xx

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I dont give a **** what any clubs fans think of Albion tbh, look at the cretins from Ipswich with their banner made by the local diddly home they brought with them.
Reading are no better.
Whats Berkshire famous for anyway ?
Answer: Broadmoor That is all :tosser:
Windsor castle :)

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I didn't realise, until reading their forum, how bitter we are about Vydra, Steve Coppell and Sidwell all joining them.

Even so the Albion are positioned unbeaten at the top of the table, with the biggest attendances in the Championship, with more season ticket holders than Everton.

None of it will ever override the greatness Reading fc have over us.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I didn't realise, until reading their forum, how bitter we are about Vydra, Steve Coppell and Sidwell all joining them.

Even so the Albion are positioned unbeaten at the top of the table, with the biggest attendances in the Championship, with more season ticket holders than Everton.

None of it will ever override the greatness Reading fc have over us.
Derby get better :)

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
That would all be fine if we weren't suffering from injuries at the moment.

Are we? How do you work that out?

But who would choose which forum to use, would it be this one or SeagullChat? I'm not meaning to be rude, but we do get a lot more idiots and more nonsense posted on this site.
Look at the other sides' records compared with ours. Remember I said RELATIVELY. I'm actually a tad surprised you can quibble.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I dont give a **** what any clubs fans think of Albion tbh, look at the cretins from Ipswich with their banner made by the local diddly home they brought with them.
Reading are no better.

Berkshire Hunt - Cockney slang for :censored:

Plenty of their fans are Berkshire Hunts :)

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Did they take the tea hut from elm park? The one that got turned over, now im a bit older i like a cuppa.

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
It's not the general team that annoys me as such (although this was slightly false when Mr. Adkins was in charge), and their success in recent years has admittedly been greater than ours, but my respect for Steve Clarke is just completely contrasting when compared to the fans. When they started doing well, their attendances inevitably sky-rocketed...and rightly so, just like any other club. However, when they got inevitably relegated, their 'amazing' stadium that we obviously copied appeared deserted. Now, every club has 'plastic', or 'tinpot' fans or whatever - that's a given - but Reading fans? They don't sing. They don't stand in away games. Whenever they do well, they muster a drum, and when they are doing poorly...well,um...yeah. Most of their fans don't follow the club; they follow success. Yet, they inexplicably claim that they are loyal and amazing in their arrogant way. I just see it as very bizarre and as mentioned previously, they always want attention by trying to find true rivals. Remember - this is a team that because they are doing relatively well recently, are going to smash every other team automatically. This is a team that is going to smash a small brighton team that they finished a phenomenal....1 place above last year.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Most of our fans have an irrational hatred of them (and visa versa) probably because we are both very very similar clubs

Pretty non-descript histories with only a handful of seasons in the top flight
Attendances treble overnight after moving into new stadiums funded by a wealthy benefactor

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Reading are no better.

I think a few more people on this planet have heard of Windsor castle than Brighton Pavillion or pier in fairness. But yes, apart from that what has ROYAL Berkshire even done for us...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Shithole mate.

I wish I could afford to live in that sort of shithole. Have you seen the price of houses in Windsor and surrounding area?! Clue: it's not because it's a shithole!! Ow and the Royals also live there. Apart from those two facts, it's a complete slum ;)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's not the general team that annoys me as such (although this was slightly false when Mr. Adkins was in charge), and their success in recent years has admittedly been greater than ours, but my respect for Steve Clarke is just completely contrasting when compared to the fans. When they started doing well, their attendances inevitably sky-rocketed...and rightly so, just like any other club. However, when they got inevitably relegated, their 'amazing' stadium that we obviously copied appeared deserted. Now, every club has 'plastic', or 'tinpot' fans or whatever - that's a given - but Reading fans? They don't sing. They don't stand in away games. Whenever they do well, they muster a drum, and when they are doing poorly...well,um...yeah. Most of their fans don't follow the club; they follow success. Yet, they inexplicably claim that they are loyal and amazing in their arrogant way. I just see it as very bizarre and as mentioned previously, they always want attention by trying to find true rivals. Remember - this is a team that because they are doing relatively well recently, are going to smash every other team automatically. This is a team that is going to smash a small brighton team that they finished a phenomenal....1 place above last year.[/QUOTE

They call us the royals - so their new eurobalkan entry of a song sings. Except "they" don't. We call them ra ra reading. I guess that didn't fit with the lyrics though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I wish I could afford to live in that sort of shithole. Have you seen the price of houses in Windsor and surrounding area?! Clue: it's not because it's a shithole!! Ow and the Royals also live there. Apart from those two facts, it's a complete slum ;)

Ascot is an absolute dump I should know as I used to live there but don't take my word for it just ask The Sultan Of Brunei, or all the other Saudi Princes or maybe all the famous sports personalities, actors and TV celebrities.
(Except Richard 'hairy, Keys, he was an idiot)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ascot is an absolute dump I should know as I used to live there but don't take my word for it just ask The Sultan Of Brunei, or all the other Saudi Princes or maybe all the famous sports personalities, actors and TV celebrities.
(Except Richard 'hairy, Keys, he was an idiot)

Nothing really there apart from the obvious. Couldn't get a takeaway ten years ago it was that posh! Not sure if changed but for all its poshness, it is a bit bland. I guess if you're rich you don't get takeaways. You just tell your chef to knock something up whilst ou carry on watching tele (business channel, to see how your investments are making you richer!). This is what rich people do all day if youve never met one. as I have.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Nothing really there apart from the obvious. Couldn't get a takeaway ten years ago it was that posh! Not sure if changed but for all its poshness, it is a bit bland. I guess if you're rich you don't get takeaways. You just tell your chef to knock something up whilst ou carry on watching tele (business channel, to see how your investments are making you richer!). This is what rich people do all day if youve never met one. as I have.

Ascot has changed a little as I went back to visit my old house on route to London.
It is a very marmite place on one hand it was fantastic for many reasons on the other it was awful the worst sort of people live there who were so far up there backside because they lived in 'Ascot' it was untrue Mrs Chopper hated the place.
You will never get a kebab or hamburger in Ascot but you can get Chinese and Indian in both North & South Ascot but never the main high street.
But if I am honest the place was at the summit of snobbery but the facilities supplied to entertain those very rich snobs were greatly enjoyed by an average bloke like me for 7 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here