Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what Reading are saying on their Boards....

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Well both Elm Park and the Goldstone pretty much fell down, so we had to play somewhere.
All clubs need big bucks from somewhere or, well forget being in the top 2 divisions.
Not being football hotbeds? A tad harsh. Should we merge and move to Burnley?

You...you know that's not why we left the Goldstone, right?

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Are they suggesting that Fulham are a `top club` ?
The same Fulham that they led 2-0 only to lose 4-2, who we beat?

I personally also feel that we havn`t played anyone `good` yet apart from Hull but the League is so competitive I don`t think it makes a lot of difference.

Will we go up ? Probably not.
Top six I would imagine.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A few over-reactions to the customary churlishness that a few display on another board. As indeed some do here.

The next thirteen games, up until next year, are full of tougher challenges.

One Reading fan suggested that Albion will try to hold the line and stay in contention- then go large in the transfer window. That is my view.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I dont think there is a fan in the country that hasnt dinned out on that clip of them prematurely celebrating .In fact I am surprised it has`nt featured on Harry Hills TV burps.
I would rather the Albion finish mid table than have that millstone round my neck and every supporter remind me of it when I mention my team .Most results are forgotten about but that debacle is etched into the pi*ss take part of the brain for a lifetime regardless who you support.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Are they suggesting that Fulham are a `top club` ?
The same Fulham that they led 2-0 only to lose 4-2, who we beat?

I personally also feel that we havn`t played anyone `good` yet apart from Hull but the League is so competitive I don`t think it makes a lot of difference.

Won't be playing anyone good this weekend, either.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know we have not been prolific in terms of dispatching teams easily but we have been very good in most matches. I don't even think we have played our best yet so Reading could be in for a big shock this weekend if we play like we can play
That would all be fine if we weren't suffering from injuries at the moment.

We are a relatively small club compared with most in this division and I think most of us acknowledge that
Are we? How do you work that out?

Forum size should be an extra column on the league table.
But who would choose which forum to use, would it be this one or SeagullChat? I'm not meaning to be rude, but we do get a lot more idiots and more nonsense posted on this site.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You know that kind of illness where people can smell noises?

I see Reading FC or their badge and I can smell plastic.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If their team go into this match with the attitude of their fans then they are in for the shock of their lives.

I know we have not been prolific in terms of dispatching teams easily but we have been very good in most matches. I don't even think we have played our best yet so Reading could be in for a big shock this weekend if we play like we can play

It's going to be interesting to see what approach we adopt with the injuries. Assuming for now that Rosenior will be LB and no one will know till the last minute if Stephens or Lua Lua are fit we have a number of options available. Really go for it with either Kayal and Stephens or Kayal and Crofts flanked by two out of Lua Lua, Murphy and March. Use the tighter 4-4-2 with perhaps Bruno at right mid and Calde at RB. Or go immediately 4-5-1 with Baldock and one of the wingers slightly ahead of Kayal, Ince and A.N. Other.

One thing I am sure of is that CH will already have a plan and that it will have been tried and tested. Yes we have injuries but Reading underestimate us at their peril.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Without Stephens, the temptation may well be to put three in the middle (probably Kayal, Crofts and Ince) and play a 433/451. Reading favour that formation by all accounts.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
It's amusing these Reading fans who think we'll be in for a huge shock when we play a 'good side'.

They seem to forget the fact that we've already beaten the team in second. Five places above them.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
But who would choose which forum to use, would it be this one or SeagullChat? I'm not meaning to be rude, but we do get a lot more idiots and more nonsense posted on this site.

Course we do. There's going to be a few idiots and an awful lot of dross posted amongst our 6 and a half thousand active members. From what I can make out that site has two active members and they spend much of their day getting a date in the diary for the next cuzza.
xx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here