Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What next for Gareth Southgate?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Coleman took wales to a
Euros semifinals and couldn’t get a PL club, I imagine due to his record in club football.

I’ll be shocked if a PL club went for him
I think Chris Coleman could have landed a new PL job if he waited more than 2 days to get a new job after leaving Wales. Kept Fulham up in the PL for three or four seasons with limited resources. Had he been more patient and not signed for Sunderland immediately, I'm pretty sure he would have ended up with WBA, Swansea (very likely) or Stoke who were the next three PL clubs to sack their managers.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Whilst I don't subscribe to some of the incredibly OTT and visceral hatred of Southgate, I think his time with England should probably be up after the World Cup.

He would be leaving England (in a club sense) in a far, far better place than he found it. He did a lot of good things off pitch, and with the mentality of playing for England. But tactically he is probably a little lacking, and I think he's taken this set of players as far as he is going to.

I genuinely think whatever stage we get to in the WC, we should be looking for fresh ideas afterwards. Someone who might consider NOT playing Harry Maguire, basically.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here