Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What makes a fan 'plastic'

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
One of them calls himself an Arsenal fan, but says he only likes them because they've got the word 'Arse' in their name!

I quite like that, makes a refreshing change from "cos they're the best".

For me plastic fans are the ones that support Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc. at school but never grow out of it and have absolutely no reason to support them other than the fact they are near the top of the Premier League. I've got a mate I went to Uni with who is a Man Utd 'fan' and none of his family have a clue why. I suppose I can give him a bit of slack as his nearest team are MK Dons so he's got the choice of being a plastic fan or supporting a plastic team.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
They're gloryhunters.

Fair weather Fans even.
I've got a 'friend' who for the last ten years has been saying,
'your'e crap'
'They're rubbish'
'Why don't you support a decent team?'

Recently it's been,
Who WE got in the next round'
'Are WE still top of the league?'

jordan26pl.jpg

"plastic" "fan"?

G_master

Feb 8, 2004
Brighton
'Plastics' are those that come to one game and start moaning about the possession football brighton play and shout 'hit it long'. Or say 'Where's Zamora today?' or spend the whole game saying 'that Luke Bridcutt is a good player'.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
:facepalm:
'Plastics' are those that come to one game and start moaning about the possession football brighton play and shout 'hit it long'. Or say 'Where's Zamora today?' or spend the whole game saying 'that Luke Bridcutt is a good player'.

Or as I noticed last night when I watched it again, Jamie Redknapp called him Marcus Bridcutt! Was he getting him confused with Marcus Brigstocke, the likeness is uncanny isn't it! :facepalm:

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Ahem. People who cheers and clap when Liverpool score or Gerrard comes on ??? Well thats my take on it. Also people who support Prem teams but buy Season Tickets. Bladdy Wolves in sheeps clothing.

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Take your pick
1. Capable of being shaped or formed: plastic material such as clay. See Synonyms at malleable.
2. Relating to or dealing with shaping or modeling: the plastic art of sculpture.
3. Having the qualities of sculpture; well-formed: "the astonishing plastic beauty of the chorus girls" (Frank Harris).
4. Giving form or shape to a substance: the plastic forces that create and wear down a mountain range.
5. Easily influenced; impressionable.
6. Made of a plastic or plastics: a plastic garden hose.
7. Physics Capable of undergoing continuous deformation without rupture or relaxation.
8. Biology Capable of building tissue; formative.
9. Marked by artificiality or superficiality; synthetic: a plastic world of fad, hype, and sensation.
10. Informal Of or obtained by means of credit cards: plastic money.

Personally I like no 5

mitchyref

Sep 22, 2011
but these plastics that are buying season tickets are helping bank roll our club? I think it's a good thing, amd will only help us to put BHA in the top flight where we belong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here