Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your LEAST favourite away ground visited with the albion?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
macclesfield/mansfield - it got called of , frozen pitch!

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Northampton before they changed grounds, shared it with the cricket team so only had three sides which were bowl shaped so you were 20 foot away from behind the goal and only 2 foot away from the corner flag.

however went there twice in same season, bank holiday monday and gerry armstrong scored the equaliser in the 94th minute and then won 2-1 in the second round of the fa cup.

plough lane was pretty poor as well. think we lost and they had 2 portaloos for 2,000.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country

I second that emotion because:-

1) we always lose

2) there is no decent pub anywhere near the ground - and I mean within MILES; not just within the vicinity

3) whenever we go there it pisses down with rain and it blows a gale and the weather freezes your balls off (Ladies, do please substitute the appropriate appendage(s) of your choice..)

4) the locals all have arms whose knuckles drag along the ground, and they even get chucked out for fighting amongst themselves during the game, such is their neandertile-ness

5) The only song you ever hear from them is f***ing "Why why why Delilah" which is all they ever sing. And even then they need the words on a giant screen to help them.

its HORRIBLE

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Not having been to Yeovil, mine must be Luton. it was the 1st away game i ever went to and, throughout the years, the best i ever saw was a draw or two.

I couldn't even be bothered to go last year....and we won, typical.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Macclesfield a few years back. Crappy little town, stadium miles from the station, and the ground itself was pathetic non-league fodder. Maybe it's improved since then, but I doubt it.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Oh good! Looking forward to my first time at Yeovil now!

Whaddon Road probably the worst stadium I've been to but the town's ok.

For me, Priestfield has to be the shittiest place. The only away trip I'll drive to. (So I can escape the ghastly town quickly)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I would say Oldham, difficult journey, miserable weather due to it's height above sea level and frankly the most miserable fans in the league.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Gillingham every fortnight got a bit dull. Especially with the squad we had.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Huish park. I've gotten onto the train at wembley quicker than getting out of the huish park car park.

Its not really a *bad* ground, stick a roof on the away terrace and a few more food outlets, its just the location. It takes AGES to get there (cause of stonehenge and the 30 minute traffic snarlup) and is in the middle of nowhere

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bloody hell....

Wait till you go to Hereford :cry:

Hereford is alright, town centreish alright to get to (especially for me living 20 miles away), the ground is a bit knackered but has some rural charm about it....and then there is the bull.

I think Yeovil is figuring quite highly in this thread as I'd imagine the majority of people slagging it won't be attending and are looking for excuses?

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Fratton Park for me. No wins, one draw, in 6 visits. Ever friendly locals. Shit town. Terrible traffic jams getting away. Was a crap ground (assume it still is, just has more seats).

Ninian Park and Vetch Field.

Either of those for me too-Vetch Field edges it slightly because the conditions for visiting fans was pre-historic. Toilets were disgusting and the 'catering caravan' with the little hole in the fence for serving was a bit of a joke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here