Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your LEAST favourite away ground visited with the albion?

I would say Oldham, difficult journey, miserable weather due to it's height above sea level and frankly the most miserable fans in the league.

Oldham was funny as hell the last time I went there. We (me and Mrs Nem) stayed at a B&B run by a real raging queen of a gay guy who recommended a local pub to us. We went in the pub and it was like a deleted scene from Deliverance-everybody stopped talking to look at the 'outsiders' entering their domain. Locals with a full set of teeth-between 20 of them and knuckles scraping the floor everywhere. Funniest moment was a couple having a blazing row at the bar, she reached into her 'Roy Cropper Shopping Bag', pulled out a canvas bag full of coins and promptly smacked her husband over the head with it-he fell to the floor, knocked out stone cold while the locals carried on as if it was normal behaviour. We didn't wait to be served...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Brittania Stadium, Stoke.

Horrible stadium that looks like it was made from an MFI flat pack kit. Horrible home fans.

Horrible.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Plough Lane. Only went there once, but it was a Tuesday night match so traffic crawled their all the way, shit ground, prehistoric food, and of course we lost.

YTFC Fan

Sep 13, 2008
As a side note, I don't mind Brighton fans or the club and not because we normally win. Decent bunch from those I have spoken to. Would be great if you had a decent season so all the best for it. :clap:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Obviously but that isn't the point is it?

Anyway I know of quite a few Brighton fans who boycott the Withdean so it could class as an away ground. :thumbsup:

In some places we're so far away from the pitch at Withers it counts as an away ground.

YTFC Fan

Sep 13, 2008
Anyway, the worst away ground has got to be the Bullshitters. Appalling fans, a hellhole of a town with deluded fans who think they are big fry.

Sooner they and their cesspit of a ground disappear into the black hole they came from, the better for everyone.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Obviously but that isn't the point is it?
Er, yes. It's exactly the point!

The thread is called "what is your LEAST favourite away ground visited with the albion", not "Coo, isn't Withdean rubbish".

:shrug:

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Went by train to Yeovil yesterday and despite the horror stories and it being a bit of an effort, I think it went like clockwork. Got there at 11.45ish. Ten-minute wait for a bus into town. Couple of pints of local brew in bar. Helpful directions to the ground from a suttering local including pubs (not great, to be fair, but friendly) to stop off at en route (The W-W-W-W-estm-m-m-m-inster) was our favourite. Leisurely three-mile walk in the sunshine getting increasingly pissed. Crap game. Brisk walk back to town via a big Tesco for refreshments and the bus back to the station for a train which was sitting there waiting for us. Ok, it helped that it was a nice day and there didn't seem to be too many travelling by train so the smallish shuttle bus wasn't full, but would seriously consider going back.

Oh, and the correct answer is Stoke.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I went to Yeovil a couple of years back, agreed that it isn't the easiest ground in the country to get to but I have been to far far worse, that was for the hawk moth game. The ground reminded me of a few I have visited on the continent, with the tall trees down one side, liked the fact that we had a terrace for the away end...pity that there is no roof as it is hard to create an atmosphere, if there had been then we would probably have outsung the home fans, ala Northampton last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here