What is your big sacrifice to qo and watch Albion......

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Two I have made but sure others have given up more...
1.Had a date with a gorgeous Danish model but went to Albion instead.
2.Had a free hospitality,free travel,meal for the very first game at the New Wembley......sorry Albion got the vote.

And yours......

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
What is your big sacrifrice to qo and watch Albion......

Sitting in a nice dry house watching the PL to sit in the cold, wet and windy Withdean. :D

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Missed a cousin's wedding for a home game at Withdean. I told them I was working- oddly, when I turned up for the reception in the evening, several people asked me what the score was.

It was almost like they saw through my cunning ruse. We lost.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
probably ducking out of the staffordshire senior cup semi final vs Stoke City

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
2.Had a free hospitality,free travel,meal for the very first game at the New Wembley......sorry Albion got the vote.

And yours......

if true.......plonker

i know my mate a few weeks ago wasn't happy after we lost at selhurst and he turned down tickets for England v NZ at the egg chasing

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
My girlfriend and I first met a couple of hours before an albion game. The rest is history.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ended what could have been a promising relationship because i went to "too much" football. Thing is it was the champ season in L1 any other and i wouldnt have gone to as many aways.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011

And yours......

When I was modelling in Denmark I stood some gay guy up who was as expecting a date.

Oh and I missed my operation as well.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Cancelled holiday in Canada for that Hereford game

.....worth the 1.5k hole in my pocket and peed off girlfriend

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Giving up hours of my young life spent in the car on the motorway to watch that dire stuff at Gillingham.

BrightonBiatch

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton, United Kingdom
The Birth of my sisters baby, I was meant to be with her on the day her 1st baby born,she was booked in for a C section but it was same day as wrexham replay,Told her i was ill and that hospital said not allowed in with a cold and sore throat !!!
That night i was spotted 4 times on TV during the penalties she has never forgiven me,

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Moved and shortened a foreign family holiday to make the Doncaster Amex game once the fixtures were announced.

No sacrifice to me, a pleasure, but selfish over the rest of the family.

No regrets ... Will never forget the wall of singing noise as I entered the WSU concourse from the stairwell, and 2 incredible and calm finishes by William Buckley.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
got a disciplinary warning for not turning in to work on the night of the cup final replay. Had problems with the train back to Birmingham from London as well and ended up with a 10 mile walk home so pretty bad night all round.
Walsall a few yewrs ago I got an early flight back from Amsterdam but it was delayed. Frantic drive up the M6 in pouring rain - parked illegally and got there just as we went 0-3 down on a night when we played some of our most dismal football ever. Got a parking ticket too.
Leicester in the league cup away - missed the last train and slept on the station on a bitterly cold night before going straight in to work via M&S to buy a suit and shirt (jeans not allowed in those days).
That aside, every home game is a 400+ mile round trip and between 7 and 9 hours driving with evening games meaning an afternoon shopping with the wife in Churchill Square (never cheap) and getting home at 2am or later.

Last edited:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I should probably spend my Saturday's near a toilet, in case the previous nights beer decides, suddenly and without prior notice, that it all wants to come out of me at once. Do I let it stop me from going? Sometimes, but it is a risk I will gladly pay to see Gary Dicker float a wonderful cross onto Ashley Barnes' face.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports