Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your big sacrifice to qo and watch Albion......

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Jimmy Savile said he will show me his personal awards but I said I was on my way to the Millenium Stadium. Never regretted that :facepalm:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Happiness

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Moved and shortened a foreign family holiday to make the Doncaster Amex game once the fixtures were announced.

No sacrifice to me, a pleasure, but selfish over the rest of the family.

No regrets ... Will never forget the wall of singing noise as I entered the WSU concourse from the stairwell, and 2 incredible and calm finishes by William Buckley.

I wish we'd done the same, but I will have to live forever in the knowledge that I wasn't there for the first game. It was a very hollow day of sunbathing in the 50 degree heat by the pool.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Missed a very close family members wedding day
Very very awkward & guilty with the lying for that one.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wish we'd done the same, but I will have to live forever in the knowledge that I wasn't there for the first game. It was a very hollow day of sunbathing in the 50 degree heat by the pool.

The strange thing about the game, was that we were heading for defeat, but it didn't matter just this once, due to relocating to this futuristic and colossal stadium, with 21,000 fans (compare and contrast with Priestfield and Withdean).

The surprise of the Buckley goals was the icing on the cake.:albion:

Missed a very close family members wedding day
Very very awkward & guilty with the lying for that one.

Missed a wedding for the Hereford game,drove the wife and kids to Plymouth the night before got up early drove to hereford meeting up with an albion fan from exeter on the way. The albion stayed up but the happy couple are now divorced,and strangely i'm not:ohmy:

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
The strange thing about the game, was that we were heading for defeat, but it didn't matter just this once, due to relocating to this futuristic and colossal stadium, with 21,000 fans (compare and contrast with Priestfield and Withdean).

The surprise of the Buckley goals was the icing on the cake.:albion:

The wall of noise, was incredible. Brighton were back on the football map.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
if true.......plonker

i know my mate a few weeks ago wasn't happy after we lost at selhurst and he turned down tickets for England v NZ at the egg chasing
Yes it was true....and her father owned the second largest independant brewery in Denmark....she ended up marrying a Swedish diplomat...1972.....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Ended what could have been a promising relationship because i went to "too much" football. Thing is it was the champ season in L1 any other and i wouldnt have gone to as many aways.

You would never have been happy. Any bird that complains that you do too much of something that you always did before you met her is both controlling and needy.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
Missed a really good mates wedding to go to the cup final in 83, don't see that much of him anymore !
Missed my sisters 50th birthday celebrations for Cardiff at home last season, it's my 50th this year so she'll probably be busy! :smile:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
not taking any decent chefs jobs in london, i refuse to work weekends,meaning at present i earn about 20grand less a year,watching bha is a obsession

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
got a disciplinary warning for not turning in to work on the night of the cup final replay. Had problems with the train back to Birmingham from London as well and ended up with a 10 mile walk home so pretty bad night all round.
Walsall a few yewrs ago I got an early flight back from Amsterdam but it was delayed. Frantic drive up the M6 in pouring rain - parked illegally and got there just as we went 0-3 down on a night when we played some of our most dismal football ever. Got a parking ticket too.
Leicester in the league cup away - missed the last train and slept on the station on a bitterly cold night before going straight in to work via M&S to buy a suit and shirt (jeans not allowed in those days).
That aside, every home game is a 400+ mile round trip and between 7 and 9 hours driving with evening games meaning an afternoon shopping with the wife in Churchill Square (never cheap) and getting home at 2am or later.

Missed the last train home too from that league cup game at Filbert Street, in them days never did any research into train times and it was a case of just getting the next available train at whatever time.
Ended up kipping in Birmingham New Street Station freezing my nuts off as only had a polo shirt on, spent whole night pacing up and around the station to keep warm.
Got earliest train back and went straight to work at 7-Eleven in Brighton stinking in same clobber ready (or unready) for a 12 hour shift.
Worth it though as was a good result and atmosphere at Leicester.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here