Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is the most bizarre/memorable Albion game(s) you have attended ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I still believe it this didn’t happen, we wouldn’t be where we are today

I was there.

We had points deducted for that.

If not for Robbie at Edgar Street, we would have been playing our first game at Gillingham in the conference.

If the conference had let us in (debatable).

At the time my adrenalin was up and I went with the flow. The pitch invasion was well advertised. But I consider the York City pitch invasion, now, with a clear head, to be attempted suicide, salved only by subsequent good fortune. That could have cost us our club. Who knew? ??? :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's my vote. Bloody cold day and I thought after we lost Vincelot 'Shit, this is gonna be a tough one'. Then we lost Barnes and I thought 'well **** me this is bizarre'.
But the crowd was one of the best i've experienced at the Amex and I still can't believe we were a CMS shot away from actually taking something from that game.

Only 15 games for us, but utter FLAIR

RV.jpg

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Thanks for sharing. Brilliant stuff. All the best :thumbsup:

ps I though when I started reading you might be about to recount the Hull City away game again, till I remembered it was my delicious pleasure as you were the source of the entertainment on the night. :lolol::bowdown:

At Boothferry Park Harry. The one where we were right next to the Hull fans and one of them was giving us some real stick. And I ruined him so much he was trying to hide. Even the Hull fans were laughing.

Hope you are well my dear friend.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
At Boothferry Park Harry. The one where we were right next to the Hull fans and one of them was giving us some real stick. And I ruined him so much he was trying to hide. Even the Hull fans were laughing.

Hope you are well my dear friend.

Very well, thnk you. And your good self, likewise :thumbsup:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
As noted previously on several occasions, that was my old school pal, who we affectionately called 'wreck' in the 70s, who I last met at Royal Sussex County when we were both doing hospital visits. A good pal of mine at one time, but lacking a bit in the restraint and judgement departments. If you're reading, mate, all the best to you - I'm also a dickead, just differently so :lolol: :thumbsup:

I think I know him under another nickname and met him at the Amex a few years ago not serving his Life time ban.:wink:

If it's the same bloke his initials are N.U. ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think I know him under another nickname and met him at the Amex a few years ago not serving his Life time ban.:wink:

If it's the same bloke his initials are N.U. ?

That's the one. He was on the same coach as me back from The Millenium at the playoff final, soon after his 'life ban' :lolol:

When we were teenagers we used to go on bike rides together, like the Famous Five, but without any girls. :rolleyes:

Incidentally, were you once a bullfrog? :wink:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Warboys and Bannister at the Goldstone - losing 8-2 to Bristol Rovers. We didn't pay badly - it was just that every time they ventured into our half they scored!
1972 nearing the end of Saward's promotion season, at home to lowly Torquay United - 1-0 down with about 5 minutes to go ....... promoton dream in tatters ................. ran out 3-1 winners!
Happy days!

'Warboys and Bannister' my first game! Stood on the South West Corner with my Uncle who was a Bristolian (City fan mind) surprised I ever went back!

Glass half empty would be 95% possession against the nine men of Walsall and still not scoring if we’d carried on playing til now.

Much more than half full would be the Guy Butters win over West Ham. Went in that home pub alongside the Boleyn and not sure there was quite a pub like it, seemed frozen in time since the 1950s and everything a living stereotype. Inside the ground George Parris started a mini riot from what passed for their hospitality area - Hammers fans lobbing stuff at him from below. Great memories of a fantastic win. Zamora missed a good chance I think for them, script perfect

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'll add another one. Just watching Vicente in the stripes. Easily the best footballer I've seen for the Albion. Incredible player

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
That's the one. He was on the same coach as me back from The Millenium at the playoff final, soon after his 'life ban' :lolol:

When we were teenagers we used to go on bike rides together, like the Famous Five, but without any girls. :rolleyes:

Incidentally, were you once a bullfrog? :wink:

Ha ! ha ! No you have me on that one - I am not a bullfrog to my knowledge.???

I played park football with "Wreck" - he is quite a character.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Oh yes, my little brother had just started Uni @ Chelt . . . . We drove down, took him to the football, then a night out . . . Over riding memory being 'shall we get a burger. . . . Yes . . . Oooh, flames . . . but not that well done thanks.

It was A better display than on the pitch.

The Albion keeper that day (Mark Cartwright?) had an absolute horror of a game i seem to recall allowing an attempted catch to basically go through his closing palms into the back of the net at the end where the Brighton fans were stood (and said burger van caught fire)

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I was there.

We had points deducted for that.

If not for Robbie at Edgar Street, we would have been playing our first game at Gillingham in the conference.

If the conference had let us in (debatable).

At the time my adrenalin was up and I went with the flow. The pitch invasion was well advertised. But I consider the York City pitch invasion, now, with a clear head, to be attempted suicide, salved only by subsequent good fortune. That could have cost us our club. Who knew? ??? :shrug:

Totally agree with that period in time, unfortunately not many newbies remember it. I was always on the pitch, always climbing the fences and gates and always protesting against what they were doing to my club, that as a 17 year old will always last in my memory. Hereford away I was too drunk to remember it, after a 48 hour bender in the downunder club...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here