Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the issue with the returning Brighton STH?

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
Im becoming as season ticket holder again like thousands of others, last time was at the Goldstone when i was about 18 some 20 years ago !
Just went to evening games etc at Withdean due to playing football myself on a saturday, now 38 and with a 8 year old desperate to go it was the perfect time to renew and give up playing.

I know for a fact i will be a season ticket holder for a long long time now.

Absolutely superb, and I hope you and your nipper have a fantastic experience. Like you am going to be a ST at Amex for a long time too

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The good news is with The Amex and our return to the Championship, already several of my 8 year olds school friends are switching loyalty to the Albion....and have ditched there Man U and Chelsea shirts for the blue and white stripes...our support wil only grow from here on in, and the JCLs and Newbies will soon be even larger... :)

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
Indeed, that's why it should be stressed, perhaps on the joining email that Bozza sends out, that the technical term for an NSCJCL is a 'Newbie' (so as not to confuse NSCJCLs with BHAJCLs). Despite going to Brighton games since 1966 I myself didn't go to Withdean much over the last few seasons and class myself as a DGASWICAIGBTTTA (Don't give a shit what I'm called as I've got better things to think about)

Bloody DGASWICAIGBTTTA's

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If you don't have a ticket stub from Grimsby away from 1985 on a Tuesday night, you will NEVER be a proper fan in the eyes of the self-important few.

Ignore them, and enjoy the Amex

Codheads 2 Albion 4 , although the Tuesday in question was in May , does the kudos count towards being an uberfan as the temperature in Crap Town must have been above freezing ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You aren't a JCL. But you do appear to be a JCL-wanabee of which there appear to be loads on NSC.

Horsham by the Sea

Apr 29, 2011
Stirling , Scotland
FFS this is like groundhog day on NSC.. could have sworn I had this same thread just 30 days ago !! I think portlock seagull sums it up above.. stop feeling guilty and get over the jcl thing.. oh and read the threads in two weeks as yet another fan returns feeling guilty and starts the exact same thread.... the regulars on NSC must be doing this week in week out for months now.. god only knows what it will be like come match day 1 !

Horsham by the Sea

Apr 29, 2011
Stirling , Scotland
yes I suppose its a change from owen, murray etc.. just finding it amusing how every returning fan has the jcl complex.. like i said I went thru it 30 days ago.. its been said by many of my mates that NSC is very clique site (possible wrong spelling ?) but Ithink the fact there are over 1000 logged at anyone time makes it more open to us Newbies :)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Im becoming as season ticket holder again like thousands of others, last time was at the Goldstone when i was about 18 some 20 years ago !
Just went to evening games etc at Withdean due to playing football myself on a saturday, now 38 and with a 8 year old desperate to go it was the perfect time to renew and give up playing.

I know for a fact i will be a season ticket holder for a long long time now.

Well your credentials check out (maybe a Saturday afternoon JCL, a SAJCL) but what about that boy of yours does he think he can just waltz in and begin a lifelong relationship with the albion? Taking a seat from some sanctimonious prat who thinks they should be sitting in a half empty stadium next to three empty seats. They got wet you know, and after some games they put up with a serious case of the sniffles and your boy thinks he can just stroll in and sit on a comfy seat and watch a quality team play. Where has he been for the last 8 years???

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
FFS this is like groundhog day on NSC.. could have sworn I had this same thread just 30 days ago !! I think portlock seagull sums it up above.. stop feeling guilty and get over the jcl thing.. oh and read the threads in two weeks as yet another fan returns feeling guilty and starts the exact same thread.... the regulars on NSC must be doing this week in week out for months now.. god only knows what it will be like come match day 1 !

Have been a NSC for years, but having work commitments and not sponging of government and tax payers means I cant read every thread every day. Accept my sincere apologies if this is boring, but surely the title would stear you away from your boredom of having to read a repeat thread.
This tact I tend to use RE: Murray. If a thread has Murray in it I dont read it as its boring. Unless of course its Bill Murray he is amazing. But you would of course know this.
Try it, it might make you a little happier.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ignore them, and enjoy the Amex
is the correct answer

it's simple if you know all itself , why the f**k does it matter what others think , just support the team and get on with it really :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Precisely. But....maybe there is something to this catholic-like guilt that so many returning fans are confessing-like on NSC these last few months? Maybe they are feeling they didn't do enough when the chips were down? Or maybe they are JCLs after all? Maybe they want forgiveness from uber-fans like us eh? Well, for what it's worth, you're all welcome back in my book...........

BUT where were you when we were shit?!!!:amex:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here