Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the issue with the returning Brighton STH?

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
Am getting pretty annoyed with the moans and groans regarding the amount of Season Tickets the club have sold. Then the comments about where they have all come from.
I myself held a ST up to the last season at Goldstone and then for 2 seasons at Withdean, am I being labelled as a JCL?
The club was always going to lose attendance whilst outside Sussex, and was always going to increase capacity when Falmer is operational.
Yes am sure that a fair few supporters will not renew STs next season, but what is the problem. Can you see Bloom and Co saying no thanks:annoyed:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
this really pisses me off...why do we get these reasonable people on here. FFS...take you and your excellent attitude and go and support Yeovil.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Am getting pretty annoyed with the moans and groans regarding the amount of Season Tickets the club have sold. Then the comments about where they have all come from.
I myself held a ST up to the last season at Goldstone and then for 2 seasons at Withdean, am I being labelled as a JCL?
The club was always going to lose attendance whilst outside Sussex, and was always going to increase capacity when Falmer is operational.
Yes am sure that a fair few supporters will not renew STs next season, but what is the problem. Can you see Bloom and Co saying no thanks:annoyed:

These damned non Uber fans :laugh::laugh::laugh: I think you'll find the only people moaning are Palace fans as they've only sold 7000.

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
this really pisses me off...why do we get these reasonable people on here. FFS...take you and your excellent attitude and go and support Yeovil.

So would you prefer only STH from Withdean to be STs at Amex!!

Forgive me but get money it BHA bank account surely?

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
These damned non Uber fans :laugh::laugh::laugh: I think you'll find the only people moaning are Palace fans as they've only sold 7000.

True, Palarse fans surely are moaning. But unhappy to say a minority of Albion fans are also moaning. However I like many thousands of other people are looking forward to obtaining a Brighton ST again, roll on Aug 6th

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
True, Palarse fans surely are moaning. But unhappy to say a minority of Albion fans are also moaning. However I like many thousands of other people are looking forward to obtaining a Brighton ST again, roll on Aug 6th

Yes these are the sanctimonious bores that feel because they went to Gillingham, got soaked at Withdean and on The Chicken Run feel that they are in some way superior. Far as I'm concerned the more the merrier, couldn't care less whether somebody has watched this team for forty years or has deserted Chelsea, bums on seats means more money which means more cash to splash to make a better team (and better atmosphere).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Well said mate - I refered to this when that Palace MORON Brighton Ha_Ha was chirping on about mancs and cockneys watching us at the Amex. True there are some 'newer fans' who haven't really watched Albion much over the years, but there will also be a hell of a lot returning who used to go to the goldstone. We have always had the fan base - Withdean just put a lot of people off...

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
Yes these are the sanctimonious bores that feel because they went to Gillingham, got soaked at Withdean and on The Chicken Run feel that they are in some way superior. Far as I'm concerned the more the merrier, couldn't care less whether somebody has watched this team for forty years or has deserted Chelsea, bums on seats means more money which means more cash to splash to make a better team (and better atmosphere).

At the Withdean last season at a low attendence early round cup match, I was ear bashed by the 30 year long season ticket holder. Labelling me as a glory supporter on the grounds that I wanted to return to Amex as a ST. His mates piped up and they got on the band wagon as well.
Made me laugh, there was about 3,000 at the Withdean and I was called a glory supporter!!!!

But thanks for restoring the faith.

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
Well said mate - I refered to this when that Palace MORON Brighton Ha_Ha was chirping on about mancs and cockneys watching us at the Amex. True there are some 'newer fans' who haven't really watched Albion much over the years, but there will also be a hell of a lot returning who used to go to the goldstone. We have always had the fan base - Withdean just put a lot of people off...

I hold my hands up, I never went to Gillingham, but went to about 50% away games during this period but this counts for nothing apparently!!!

I really hope the returning fans who have purchased STs next season continue to renew and prove the doubting Thomas's wrong!!!!!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No, you're not being labelled a JCL. By definition returning fans cannot be JCLs

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
No, you're not being labelled a JCL. By definition returning fans cannot be JCLs

I would like to add I am a returning ST holder, have always gone to games Home and Away since the late eighties every season.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
At the Withdean last season at a low attendence early round cup match, I was ear bashed by the 30 year long season ticket holder. Labelling me as a glory supporter on the grounds that I wanted to return to Amex as a ST. His mates piped up and they got on the band wagon as well.
Made me laugh, there was about 3,000 at the Withdean and I was called a glory supporter!!!!

But thanks for restoring the faith.

Sadly all teams have their share of idiots, I'm just glad that you ignored this ignorant twat.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
All this JCL stuff is frankly BS. Yes there are gonna be some plastic fans at the Amex, but there'll also be many long term fans whose passion for Brighton has been reignited due to the Amex and the Championship. They shouldn't be branded JCL's for that. I had a ST for Withdean for about five years, but now as a student, I don't have the spare cash for a season ticket for the Amex unfortunately and will be up in the midlands at Uni for the majority of the season, but just really hope I can be one of the lucky ones who gets in early for one of the 1000 matchday tickets.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

There must be quite a few ex Londoners who would have supported various Premier League clubs but now live in sunny Sussex and are now STH's but the vast majority of returnees will have been regulars at the Goldstone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But you are a NSCJCL, which is an issue I feel many JCL's get easily confused by. (you know what their like)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im becoming as season ticket holder again like thousands of others, last time was at the Goldstone when i was about 18 some 20 years ago !
Just went to evening games etc at Withdean due to playing football myself on a saturday, now 38 and with a 8 year old desperate to go it was the perfect time to renew and give up playing.

I know for a fact i will be a season ticket holder for a long long time now.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But you are a NSCJCL, which is an issue I feel many JCL's get easily confused by. (you know what their like)
Indeed, that's why it should be stressed, perhaps on the joining email that Bozza sends out, that the technical term for an NSCJCL is a 'Newbie' (so as not to confuse NSCJCLs with BHAJCLs). Despite going to Brighton games since 1966 I myself didn't go to Withdean much over the last few seasons and class myself as a DGASWICAIGBTTTA (Don't give a shit what I'm called as I've got better things to think about)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If you don't have a ticket stub from Grimsby away from 1985 on a Tuesday night, you will NEVER be a proper fan in the eyes of the self-important few.

Ignore them, and enjoy the Amex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here