Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is the best tackle you've ever seen on a football pitch?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Loved the Bobby Moore footage on this thread. Have always tried to imagine a Moore/Duncan Edwards CB partnership. Would have been awesome. Probably would have won the World Cup in 62', although Moore was only just starting then. Bobby's balance and reading of the game made him, in my book, the best tackler I have ever seen and that block tackle on Jaizinho, is my number one. Superb.
RIP...a brave, talented, generous and dignified man. A national hero.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
The phrase ' statement of intent' best sums up that tackle. Mortimer was one of the best midfielders in the country at that time, and after that tackle he was very quiet.

Do you know what is interesting? Forty years after that tackle, it has been remembered by at least three people on this thread. I know my mate who was there with me remembers it too. Clark, and his tackles, were a force of nature.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Do you know what is interesting? Forty years after that tackle, it has been remembered by at least three people on this thread. I know my mate who was there with me remembers it too. Clark, and his tackles, were a force of nature.

It is quite something to think that a tackle can be remembered 40 years on. Not for its finesse, but it’s pure force, fairness and how it made you feel as a fan, at that very moment, that we weren’t going to lose that game. I wonder whether Paul Clark himself remembers it as well?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here