Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is the best tackle you've ever seen on a football pitch?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I feel like Peter Smith made some great tackles, especially against Liverpool in the cup but I can’t actually name a specific one.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Fozzie was the king of this . Even second spell.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
People talk about the Leeds side being dirty (which they were, none of them would last 90 minutes today) but that Chelsea team were a a bit tasty too. Harris, McCreadie, Webb and Osgood could all put it about a bit

Fully with you,Chelsea just did it yet Leeds played the 'niggle' game ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Bobby Moore against Pele, Mexico 1970.

I used to try this regularly when I played. Biggest compliment one game... "great Bobby Moore tackle"

Did I not give you enough to choose from? I still remember our pre-match chat, 'just win the f***ing thing and give it to someone who can play football'.

It was so much easier in the 80s :wink:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have gone straight to the end of the thread.
I am now going to go to page 1 where I fully expect to see that picture of a player with his meat and 2 veg on view.
I'm going to say page 2.

Edit I should have said post number 2.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Paul Clark on Dennis Mortimer, 1st minute of our game at home to Villa on 20th Dec 1980. Fair challenge. Sent Mortimer about three foot in the air. Brighton won that 1-0.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
ANY Paul 'Tank' Clark or Hans Kraay tackle.

In particular Paul Clark's tackle on Dennis Mortimer in the first few minutes of a game against Aston Villa at The Goldstone. Must have been around 1980. Mortimer was their main midfield general, and that tackle was for a loose ball and made most people in the ground shudder it was so powerful. Mortimer was quiet after that. What a lump of wonderful testosterone Clark was.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have gone straight to the end of the thread.
I am now going to go to page 1 where I fully expect to see that picture of a player with his meat and 2 veg on view.
I'm going to say page 2.

Edit I should have said post number 2.

:lolol: I couldn't resist

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I can remember being left in awe after witnessing a Mark Lawrenson tackle in his first match for us

Same here, but he made great tackles every game with superb timing. Best non-Albion I'd say Dave Mackay. His buddy Jimmy Greaves likened a Mackay tackle to being hit by an express train.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here