Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has Zamora done to upset Chris???

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
'People' also see he has started games, so cut the BS...

Yes, started games when we have had more attacking options available. Maybe him having to play the full 90 at QPR has caused some damage that means it is very unlikely we'll get any more than 30 mins from him while he builds fitness back up.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Yes, started games when we have had more attacking options available. Maybe him having to play the full 90 at QPR has caused some damage that means it is very unlikely we'll get any more than 30 mins from him while he builds fitness back up.

You mean charlton !!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Is it? Do you know everything that is going on behind the scenes?

I KNOW there is no 'slight injury' that allows a player to play a very good game for 30-odd minutes at the end of a game but not start it. Please do tell if you know otherwise?

But, you carry on defending Hughton's BS if you like...

Noddy.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I KNOW there is no 'slight injury' that allows a player to play a very good game for 30-odd minutes at the end of a game but not start it. Please do tell if you know otherwise?

But, you carry on defending Hughton's BS if you like...

Noddy.

How do you explain Ledley King not being able to train during the week, if he played a match on a Saturday at Spurs for a number of years?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So you would start a player who may only be able to play 30 minutes, thus using up a substitute in the first half?

He can and has played more than 30 minutes. Did he look tired or 'slightly injured' at the final whistle? Answer 'NO'.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He can and has played more than 30 minutes. Did he look tired or 'slightly injured' at the final whistle? Answer 'NO'.

I don't know, and neither do you unless you're in the dressing room.

You're also ignoring the fact that we have three games in 6 days with a very depleted squad.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Yes, and maybe Big Ears will leave Toy Town? or Noddy will assault the Pope?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes, and maybe Big Ears will leave Toy Town? or Noddy will assault the Pope?

Given your constant mention of Noddy I am not surprised that you are coming across like a 10 year old during your christmas holidays

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I love how everyone has ignored the comments from people like Stockdale that Bobby Z had to be CARRIED in the LIFT to the players lounge after matches because HE CANNOT WALK, and we have seen for ourselves on the pitch after 60 minutes he physically cannot run or move quickly. Yet people think we should be starting him

That was a joke. He wasn't carried into a lift. Ffs.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That was a joke. He wasn't carried into a lift. Ffs.

Yes of course he wasn't literally carried, but it does imply there is underlying fitness issues there and playing takes a lot out of his knees.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
How do you explain Ledley King not being able to train during the week, if he played a match on a Saturday at Spurs for a number of years?

And your argument is? Bobby COULD have started, rather than come on as a sub. There is NO INJURY, slight or otherwise, that can be used as a reason for not playing at the start of a 90 minute game, rather than the end of it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And your argument is? Bobby COULD have started, rather than come on as a sub. There is NO INJURY, slight or otherwise, that can be used as a reason for not playing at the start of a 90 minute game, rather than the end of it.

So you would be happy if Zamora came on, played for 30-45mins and then was subbed? If so fair enough. But I can absolutely see why Hughton would not want to be guaranteed to burn a sub regardless of what is happening in the game so early.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Surely he can't be that old/crooked?! He may be relatively old but he has been a professional athlete for years.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't know, and neither do you unless you're in the dressing room.

You're also ignoring the fact that we have three games in 6 days with a very depleted squad.

Eh!? Were you at the game? If so, did Bob look tired or 'slightly injured' at the end of the game to you?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Given your constant mention of Noddy I am not surprised that you are coming across like a 10 year old during your christmas holidays

You are coming across like Chris Hughton's poor-performing PA, with no answer to the questions being posed.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes of course he wasn't literally carried, but it does imply there is underlying fitness issues there and playing takes a lot out of his knees.

You have been OWNED. :wave:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Has been implied that it took quite a toll on him the 90 mins v Charlton. If he can only play 20-30 mins, I'd personally rather that than run the risk of him being injured and being out completely. It's a shame Wilson was not fit enough to play 90 minutes either

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Not to me it doesn't. Footballers make a meal out of anything and everything when it comes to their banter. There may well be issues with his fitness but I wouldn't infer this from a gag made by a footballer.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The lickers are either stupid or just plain gullible, or both...

I favour the latter...

It is sad how people revert to type so quickly using terms like lickers as some posters suggest that Hughton isn't lying that Zamora's not fit enough to start. I've missed the NSC of last season when people like you gloated about how right you were all season and how everyone should listen to you. Been pretty quiet this season but a couple of defeats and all the moaners are out again. Sad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here