Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What famous celebrities have you seen in the real world?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I was covering an event at Sky Sports studios in Isleworth last year and was one of about 10 non-celebrities in a room with upwards of 70 people inside. David Ginola, Steve McLaren and Ray Wilkins were milling around whilst Nasser Hussain was chatting to the blokes from Sky Sports and Jessica Ennis and Darren Campbell were stood about. I was completely starstruck so just stood there on my laptop pretending not to notice all these celebrities around me.. What a cock I was.

Also, the tv doesn't do Vicky Gomersall justice, she is a beaut.

Also seen Vladimir Putin, Seb Coe, Boris Johnson, Geoff Hurst and loads of others on work things but I only had the balls to have a brief chat with Seb and to give Boris a nod of acknowledgement, which he did return in fairness. Putin had thousands of "Mega Police" surrounding him so that was a no-go really.

Oh and I met the Chuckle Brothers after their show on Great Yarmouth pier in 1999.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Loads from my days working at The Grand in Brighton.

Some that stick out

Robert Maxwell - complete and utter CJTC
Served Annie Lennox breakfast in bed and Dave Stewart gave me a £10 tip for the privilege
King Hussein of Jordan - one of his entourage wanted me to go back to Jordon with him :eek:

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Served quite a few from various retail jobs I've had. The late carol Barnes, the guy who was burnside in the Bill. Stephen Tomkinson, Stephen Berkov, the pompous old buffer who was trying to find and pull Andi McDowell in 4 weddings & funeral, Linda Robson & Leroy from Prodigy.
I got on a bus in Portland road with Gaz from supergrass and I used to work with Bobak who was in boyband Another Level.
That is all

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Danny Dyer in a Hastings nightclub :lolol:

Billie Piper in London Zoo

Ronnie Corbett watching Little Britain Live at the Brighton Centre

Anthea Turner on a flight to Tenerife

Janine from EastEnders in a clothes shop in Brighton

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Somehow managed to forget a fair few from my first post:

Aer Lingus seems to cause quite a few

Amir Khan on a flight from Manchester
"Tesco" Mary Byrne on a flight from Heathrow
John Hume on a flight to Heathrow

Also I once bumped trollies (why does that sound dirty) with Marianne Faithful in my local Tesco - she lived locally for years, although kept her head down mostly.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I may have mentioned before my lunch with the lovely Susanna Hoffs (Bangles).
Chit chat at a New York venue with Howard Jones ("What Is Love" era)
Bobby Zamora (Withers/hospitality)

But the clincher, my all-time claim to fame: BBC radio and TV personality Corbett Woodall, circa 1965 at the Datchet fete. My autograph book of the time has him next to Rodney Marsh, the Morgan brothers, Mark Lazarus and the rest of the QPR lineup of that era. I defy anyone to top that. I mean, Corbett Woodall, ffs...

Blimey - what a strange coincidence you should mention him. I had never heard of this guy until.......yesterday. My sister used to be nanny to Michael Aspel's children for a couple of years, a fact I mentioned to a work colleague, and then tried to explain who he was. I then looked at Aspel's wikipedia page, and it stated that in the sixties he was one of 4 regular BBC newsreaders, along with Richard Baker, Robert Dougall and the aforementioned Mr Woodall.

You go your whole life without being aware of a very minor celebrity from a previous decade, and then he punctures your consciousness twice in the space of 24 hours. What can it all mean?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Hopefully not one of my sons, I would advise her to steer well clear of him, he's in his last year at Priory.

She seemed a little flushed:blush: when I told her she'd be round the bend, plunging into hot water with that basket case :eek:

I'm sure your son is a lovely lad----is he interested in joining you?
My son 'Wrong Direction' comes in handy now & again-----if only to SLAP him when the job goes tits up:)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Quite a few I guess.

Met most of the 2008 England squad and got a signed shirt from them, Fatboy Slim, Bez from Happy Mondays, Jessie J, Black Eyed Pas, Wretch 32, Kian from Westlife, Gus Poyet, Brendan Rodgers (had a wee next to him in the directors box at the Amex), Roy Hodgson, had to look after some Page 3 lovely for an evening once which was fun. Bumped into Colin Montgomerie in Harvey Nichols once, I was friends with Fearne Brittons niece for a bit, Fearne was really nice and sorted us tickets to see a TV show she was doing, and booked us a cab on ITVs account for a £40 journey.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
I saw David Seaman in John Lewis at High Wycombe throwing a cushion at Dancing On Ice skater Frankie Poultney,:cute:

i was in orlando a few years ago. i saw and had a good chat with grahame souness. i also saw titas bramble in a theme park - he was being a cock with his mates. alan smith (man utd) who should have been in the england squad came into the pub i was in to watch them in a world cup game. he didn't drink, but had a flag around his shoulders and joined in with the rest of 'normal guys' - top bloke as was souness.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Danny Dyer in a Hastings nightclub :lolol:

Billie Piper in London Zoo

Ronnie Corbett watching Little Britain Live at the Brighton Centre

Anthea Turner on a flight to Tenerife

Janine from EastEnders in a clothes shop in Brighton

Ricky from EastEnders in the Berlin bar, Ship st

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
[SUB][/SUB]Had diner with the great J.C and June

Stayed with Phil Anselmo over Christmas.

uncles sister is Blunderwoman.

Paul Weller tripped my pregnant wife while walking in the park by accident.

Punched Liam Gallagher whilst wrecking in a nightclub in Manchester in my student days.

wife's mother had Glenn Campbell play at her birthday party, so got to meet and chat with him.

Bez pinched my wife's arse, saw that I saw him do it, so he bought me a drink.... Fair swap I thought.

Had a chat with Paul Weller outside the Top Rank, he hadn't seen my mate for a decade since he write a Jam fanzine & said 'hello Bob' instantly

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
My daughter and I sat next to Joanna Lumley at a hotel table in Buxton, summer of 2012.
My missus didn't believe me until we bumped into her signing autographs & having photo's done the next day.

That's Joanna doing the signings not my other half:moo:

Sat at next hotel table to David Dickenson in Hotel du vin

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I once had a pee in the urinal next to George Takei (Sulu from star trek)in the theatre royal (upstairs loo). I had taken my sister to see a panto to Barbara windsor in it. After, in the second half she gave him a shout out - who'd of thought they'd be mates...

Anyway, i can report he has an average sized penis. Errr, thank god for relative anonymity on the internet.

Had a pee next to Stellan Bengtsson, the then world table tennis champion at the Dome

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Had a great conversation with Garth Crooks about Peter Ward.

He was sitting near me in a bar and I told him I remembered seeing him playing against Brighton.

"What happened to Ward?" he said.

Told him what I knew and he replied. "That lad was simply unplayable when he was at Brighton, simply unplayable."

Loved that.

Mad dinner with Wardy & Cat in Hove

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I spoke to Lionel Blaire in Puerto Banus.
Sung with the Drifters in Alcudia.
Katie Price was a bridesmaid at my mates wedding when I was best man.
And I appeared on You Bet!, hosted by Bruce Forsyth. Also on the show were Janice Long David Steele Dave Beassant and Steve Redgrave.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Oh yea, Victoria Silvstedt was a Zurich-New York flight with me once, I was in business class, she was in First class and had the whole cabin to herself, and her 4 LV trunks. Was met at New York by some kind of special services, and whisked away with 2 poor saps carrying her trunks. According to the air stewardess, all she drank was water, and nearly 3 litres of it during the flight.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
David Gilmour: Came into my work a few years back. Keeps himself to himself and blended in to the other customers. Nice guy.
Richard Wright: Had a piss next to him at the Premiere of David Gilmour's DVD release.
Maggie Smith: Like David, came into my work. Lovely friendly lady
James Bolam: As above. Doesn't like to be noticed, so a knowing nod his way and all is good.
Anthea Turner: Miserable bint.
Jemma Kidd: Very tall. Very friendly.
Martin Clunes. He was filming nearby, but happy to stop and talk to people. Very personable.

Also, i never met him but Mrs Grombleton used to work for a private cleaning firm and they cleaned the house of Junior Campbell. Known for the band 'Marmalade' but known more for being the composer of the theme tune to Thomas The Tank Engine.
Also, i went to the same school as topless model Katie Green. She fancied my best mate, he turned her down...the prat.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
[SUB][/SUB]Had diner with the great J.C and June

Stayed with Phil Anselmo over Christmas.

uncles sister is Blunderwoman.

Paul Weller tripped my pregnant wife while walking in the park by accident.

Punched Liam Gallagher whilst wrecking in a nightclub in Manchester in my student days.

wife's mother had Glenn Campbell play at her birthday party, so got to meet and chat with him.

Bez pinched my wife's arse, saw that I saw him do it, so he bought me a drink.... Fair swap I thought.

we had a good night with bez when the happy mondays played the zap many moons ago. the funniest of them all was shaun ryders dad. what a fella. total loon. dave R from newman (big man u fan) ended up selling his jacket to bez that night for 50 quid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here