Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you think the deal was for Wilson?

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
The recall option only applies to the emergency loan (and short term loans) and can only be activated after 28 days. Season long loans can only be recalled during the January transfer window, there is no recall option on half season loans so once it's become a half season loan then he'll be with us for the rest of the season.

I believe this is different as it is classed as a youth loan, Man Utd can recall after 28 days, can't remember where i read it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Are you saying we have him on a 93 day loan that we can and probably will extend for the season in January.

Yes, basically - the clubs have already agreed this, but MU can recall in Jan if they decide to. The fact that both clubs have gone public on it being until the end of the season means it probably will be.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Standard for any loan....See Walton at Bury

We recalled Walton on September 1st. The transfer window closed on that day, we couldn't have recalled him if we'd left it another day.

Are you saying we have him on a 93 day loan that we can and probably will extend for the season in January.

I am not saying we've got him on a 93 day loan. I am saying we've got him on an emergency loan that can last up to 93 days, we only had the option to sign him on an emergency loan deal as half season loans can only be signed during a main transfer window.

The announcement that the deal will run till the end of the season means that at some point in January it will be converted into a half season loan. If we only had him on a 1 month emergency loan then we'd have a gap over xmas where he wouldn't be available.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We recalled Walton on September 1st. The transfer window closed on that day, we couldn't have recalled him if we'd left it another day.

I am not saying we've got him on a 93 day loan. I am saying we've got him on an emergency loan that can last up to 93 days, we only had the option to sign him on an emergency loan deal as half season loans can only be signed during a main transfer window.

The announcement that the deal will run till the end of the season means that at some point in January it will be converted into a half season loan. If we only had him on a 1 month emergency loan then we'd have a gap over xmas where he wouldn't be available.

It is no wonder that FIFA have told the FL they must stop them

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I believe this is different as it is classed as a youth loan, Man Utd can recall after 28 days, can't remember where i read it.

The rules are a bit of a minefield as so many seem to conflict with what another rule states, I was under the impression that the Youth loan can only run for a maximum of 93 days like an emergency loan and that a season or half season loan didn't come under the youth rules. However you may be correct.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My own view is that there should be a transfer window from Jan 1st for 1 month and other than that an emergency loan to overcome injuries subject to permission from the league but not automatic and when granting permission the FL should require medical evidence and not just we need a goalscorer cos ours are not scoring goals.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Still think the fact MU have stated it's for the rest of the season means it will be unless they have a crisis (or their Jan signing doesn't come off).

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

Football league rule 53.3.9 implies that youth loans are a minimum of 28 days, but with no maximum (but there is a 93 day max for emergency loans).

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Hughton on talksport Friday said it happened very late in the day and Utd can recall him whenever they want. Also that cricket idiot DG tried to drag CH into the ongoing mess at Newcastle CH was having none of it and went after that only wanted to talk about the Albion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think it's unlikely we'll have paid a fee - that would be very unusual for a mutually beneficial loan such as this one.

In terms of wages, the club (Barber I think) have explained that such deals often involve a sliding scale depending on the playing time the loanee gets. For example, if he were starting every game and getting all the experience his parent club want, then we'd only pay a small percentage, but if he were sitting on the bench or sat out altogether, we'd have to pay more.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Well, whatever the deal for him was, he already looked right at home with his new team mates, and could and maybe should have opened his Seagulls scoring account yesterday! We'll see how good when he starts a game!
A great bit of business by the club :)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Hughton on talksport Friday said it happened very late in the day and Utd can recall him whenever they want. Also that cricket idiot DG tried to drag CH into the ongoing mess at Newcastle CH was having none of it and went after that only wanted to talk about the Albion.

CH is always being asked about Newcastle and seriously dislikes it. I'm told he lets people know in advance that he won't discuss it and if interviewers try it on anyway he can be somewhat blunt. And rightly so.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
I reckon we would have had to pay a fee. He was in demand. Man u would have taken advantage of that. The fee would be dependent on how long he is with us so if he's recalled obviously we pay less. I also reckon we will still go for someone in the window.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Man Utd can recall him after 28 days this is the standard re-call clause in any short term or emergency loan. A short term or emergency loan can run for 93 days but can be turned into a half season loan during the January transfer window. There is nothing stopping him from playing for us on the 29th (unless Man Utd recall him) as this would still be covered under a 93 day emergency loan deal. My guess would be the deal to turn this loan into a half season loan will be completed and confirmed towards the end of the January window giving Man Utd as long as possible to re-call if they need too. Once the deal is confirmed and the January window closes he cannot be recalled.

Totally correct. There is basically a period in the middle of the loan, after 28 days when recall is possible, but there can be no recall after the January window shuts.

Should we start a "Just Giving" page so he can be bought for the Club at season end? Subject to having "Were Loose" across his shirt of course to reflect the NSC sponsorship?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
A lot goes into these loan deals, concerning premiership clubs younger players, I am sure I read somewhere that when Lingard came on loan, Manchester United examined all the clubs that wanted to take him and then the manager (Moyes at the time) takes it down to three and then had about an hour long conversation by phone with the club, before allowing the player to talk to us. So the way the club plays the training and set up all count, Bloom would love to sign these types of players but unless we go up, other premiership clubs would guzump us with their big money offers.

Albion have really worked at getting a premiership set up in place and this is a reward of all their hard work, all we need now is for the lad to feel relaxed playing for us and deliver on his potential.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Its a credit to the club that we are now regularly seen as first choice for the premiership [potential] stars of the future to come and learn / advance their trade.

My concern regarding all loans is where they do brilliantly and get us promotion, but then the gap must be filled to sustain the next division up the following season when the loan(s) have gone back.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My concern regarding all loans is where they do brilliantly and get us promotion, but then the gap must be filled to sustain the next division up the following season when the loan(s) have gone back.
I have absolutely no concerns about loanees doing brilliantly and helping us get promoted. The replacement of players, whether on loan or permanent, is a continual and on-going process at all football clubs, all the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here