Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
I've finally got on to Wolf Hall (Hilary Mantel) and it is good. I keep thinking of Mark Rylance as Cromwell.

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
Halfway through SLOWHAND, a biography of Eric Clapton, his life and music by Philip Norman. If you’re a certain age and grew up listening to R&B you’ll enjoy the book.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
"No Empty Chairs" by Ian Mackersey, it's about the short and heroic lives of the airmen who fought and sadly died during the 1st. World War, a great read, so very fascinating but equally sad, thoroughly recommend it.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
"No Empty Chairs" by Ian Mackersey, it's about the short and heroic lives of the airmen who fought and sadly died during the 1st. World War, a great read, so very fascinating but equally sad, thoroughly recommend it.

This looks interesting, thanks. I'll add it to my list. I enjoyed the WW1 aviation novels of Derek Robinson when I was a bit younger.

matey

Mar 16, 2014
IBM 360 Assembler Language Programming by Gopal Kapur. It is an old book from 1970 which when in 1972 I got my first computer programming job I had to learn Assembler for a Sperry Univac 9400.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Prisoners of Geography was given to me as a Christmas present. I was not impressed!
Finally got around to reading the book and suggest you beg, borrow, steal or buy it. It will open your eyes about geopolitics and how we all fit in. Sounds boring? Not a bit of it. It’s an outstanding book.

Yep, brilliant book. It should be essential reading for every MP in Parliament.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A Land of Two Halves - Joe Bennett

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Children of the Revolution by Peter Robinson.

Lovely british crime whodunnit. Just what I needed after the pap I read previously

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
One Day in August by David O'Keefe, it's about Operation Jubilee, the 1942 Dieppe raid, very interesting,well researched giving a whole new perspective, thoroughly recommend it.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Still persevering with The Mirror and the Light, the final volume of Hilary Mantel's trilogy about Thomas Cromwell.

It's excellent but very long. I left it for ages for various reasons, but back in there now.

" Now, get up".

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
One Day in August by David O'Keefe, it's about Operation Jubilee, the 1942 Dieppe raid, very interesting,well researched giving a whole new perspective, thoroughly recommend it.

To Lose A Battle, Alastair Horne about France’s collapse in 1940. Superbly written, by one of the great historians.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bamboo - William Boyd

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The Catch by T. M. Logan
Reading this from behind the sofa.

Terrific

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The highway code and theory practice.
Just about to start driving lessons at 43yrs old! Just a tad late to the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here