Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Defectors - Joseph Kanon

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Felt like it took 100 years to read it and I gave up in the end so you’re not alone! Found it really hard work......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I found it nicely written just a bit...:shrug:

Twenty Years After - Dumas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why but there's something quite pleasing in Don Quixote reading D'Artagnan.

How are you finding it? The Three Musketeers is possibly my favourite book. As a consequence my expectations were probably unrealistically high for both Twenty Years After and The Man in The Iron Mask.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Currently revisiting the 700 page monster that is Tom Wolfe's Bonfire Of The Vanities. Was so disgusted by the shallow as f*ck casting of the movie of the same name that I've swerved a re-read for decades. Tho bollox to that shitty movie. The book is an expertly-crafted joy to read

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I found it nicely written just a bit...:shrug:

I don't know why but there's something quite pleasing in Don Quixote reading D'Artagnan.

How are you finding it? The Three Musketeers is possibly my favourite book. As a consequence my expectations were probably unrealistically high for both Twenty Years After and The Man in The Iron Mask.

I have almost finished it. It’s not quite as good as the Three Musketeers I don’t think, but it’s still very good. It’s nice to see the characters change and their motivations.

The way Dumas writes is exceptional. I think the Count of Monte Cristo is possibly the best I’ve ever read, but both of these aren’t as good as that. I want to read everything he has written, so it’ll be the Man in the Iron Mask next I think.

Just a shame I have to read a translation.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I have almost finished it. It’s not quite as good as the Three Musketeers I don’t think, but it’s still very good. It’s nice to see the characters change and their motivations.

The way Dumas writes is exceptional. I think the Count of Monte Cristo is possibly the best I’ve ever read, but both of these aren’t as good as that. I want to read everything he has written, so it’ll be the Man in the Iron Mask next I think.

Just a shame I have to read a translation.

The Count might be my second favourite book!

I think more books need to be written in the old periodical style. It seems to ensure there's no lull in the story telling.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Peter James - Find them dead.
16th book in the Roy Grace series, by far the worst one I have read, I’m just over 3/4 way through and Grace hardly gets a mention.
Struggling with this one TBH.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Currently revisiting the 700 page monster that is Tom Wolfe's Bonfire Of The Vanities. Was so disgusted by the shallow as f*ck casting of the movie of the same name that I've swerved a re-read for decades. Tho bollox to that shitty movie. The book is an expertly-crafted joy to read

Shuuurman , strange but enjoyable read , only read it once .......currently reading No Expences Spared , a blow by blow account of the Daily Telegraphs' publishing of politicians claims for expenses that were recorded on a disc that was subsequently lifted by a Worthing chap and off loaded to the press for 300 k .....an expose of governmental fraud and an enlightening window into the reality of how dumb MP's can be when it suits them ......easy reading , highly recommended....make your kids read it too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Age of Kali - William Dalrymple

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho (again)

Intrigued to see how I will interpret it, this time around, now that I'm older and my outlook on life has naturally evolved / changed.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Peter James - Find them dead.
16th book in the Roy Grace series, by far the worst one I have read, I’m just over 3/4 way through and Grace hardly gets a mention.
Struggling with this one TBH.

Absolute toilet book. I gave up on it half way through. He's really lost his touch.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Absolute toilet book. I gave up on it half way through. He's really lost his touch.

Near enough a whole book about a court case, it’s really dull.
You are correct he really has lost his touch, I remember not being able to put his books down, now I’m struggling to read one chapter before I’m nodding off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here