Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Don't do it. Slow down. I brought the 10 or so from Amazon I hadn't read and now because they are such a very good read, I am finding it difficult to get into any thing else.
I shall wait a couple of weeks and start them all again.

Similarly addicted but just broken my sequence up with Kate Atkinson's "When Will There Be Good News?"

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Don't do it. Slow down. I brought the 10 or so from Amazon I hadn't read and now because they are such a very good read, I am finding it difficult to get into any thing else.
I shall wait a couple of weeks and start them all again.

You're so right. I have been trying to do Lee Child every alternate book, but struggle to get into anything else.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Finished The Sister Brothers last week - an expertly semi-parodic take of the wild west rightly Booker Prize nominated. Enjoyed that a lot. Even read it in Texan.
Now just trying to get through Jose Saramago's The Double, the tale of a man finding his exact double on film and becoming fixated with how they seem to have maybe always kept the exact same look and style to themselves. Paragraphs are about 4 pages long, though, and i find that annoying as i never know when to stop. Will do it, though, i think, because i've had the book for a number of years, and the subject in itself holds an interest for me.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
White Bicycles:Making Music in the 60's by Joe Boyd.

It's a cracking read although I guess you need to be of a certain age and have an interest in music.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Spanking Weekly and Rubber Review !!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
After reading Robert Harris's Fatherland a few weeks back, I caught part of The Ghost on Film 4 and am now reading the book (also by Harris) - problem is I can't get Ewan McGregor and Pierce Brosnan out of my head when I'm reading it.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Just read Shadow Divers - the story of how a sunken U-Boat was discovered and identified. Does not sound much from that - but a fascinating insight into the diving culture and a human tale of submariners.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Finished reading Zola's Germinal last week (pretentious? moi?!) Now just over half-way through Dickens' Great Expectations. When I've finished this, I'll read something a bit lighter, probably Keith Richards' autobiography.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Finished
* Karren Brady : Strong Woman
* Alan Sugar : The way I see it

enjoyed both alot and were quick reads , very inspirational

currently reading A Life Too Short: The Tragedy of Robert Enke by Ronald Reng

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Mockingjay ... the third and final part of the Hunger Game trilogy. The best of the 3 IMHO.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gangsters and Goodfellas, which is the follow-up to Wiseguys (the book that Goodfellas was based on).

It picks up where Goodfellas finished off, with Henry Hill as an ordinary "Joe Schmo" in the FBI's witness protection programme. Good stuff, I love a bit of true crime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here