Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What an opportunity...

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Ben played for the club and was here before Potter, from 2015.

I know but that doesn't mean he can never leave. He's an excellent and well respected coach who would compliment any team and the two of them have gelled.
GP likes to have his staff around him and he'll need all the friends he can get at Chelsea.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Highly unlikely. Any agreement like this would of needed GP’s blessing. He’s not the sort of man to covet another mans job.
Why would it, what im saying is CFC mention that they may go after GP when they sack TT, whilst doing transfer negotiations and that it might be very soon. It just seems to have happend so quickly, within a couple of hours of sacking TT and GP is having talks with them and £20m compensation agreed.

notconvinced , if we drop down to mid table would be seen as a failure from where took over.

Best jibs are teams punching below weight

Interesting point but right now and the way we play will surely attract many applicants compared to say being and expecting to be fighting relegation. Yes, we could end up fighting relegation this season although very unlikely with the quality we have.

Why would it, what im saying is CFC mention that they may go after GP when they sack TT, whilst doing transfer negotiations and that it might be very soon. It just seems to have happend so quickly, within a couple of hours of sacking TT and GP is having talks with them and £20m compensation agreed.

It has reportedly happened within hours but, who knows? He wouldn't be able to stop Graham talking to anyone and won't stop in anyone's way to improve themselves providing its acceptable to the club and the compensation is met. Tony will be hoping Potter says no and possibly, knowing Potter far more than us, is quietly confident that Potter might stay.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This is interesting, some managers rely on the right hand man and fail on there own. Not saying it is like that with him and Potter although you just never know and would be interesting to see what happens if they broke up the team and Bjorn stayed with us.

When Clough left and Peter Taylor stayed, we got the better of the two.

Not comparing GP with Clough though.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I know but that doesn't mean he can never leave. He's an excellent and well respected coach who would compliment any team and the two of them have gelled.
GP likes to have his staff around him and he'll need all the friends he can get at Chelsea.

Yeah, Managers collect back room staff as they go.
We saw it happen when Gus took Charlie Oatway around the world with him.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Manager sackings always happen quickly! They obviously had GP as a target and moved straight away. Nothing strange about that. Every source I’ve seen said there was a release clause.

No conspiracy here. Just a team moving quickly on their target.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Manager sackings always happen quickly! They obviously had GP as a target and moved straight away. Nothing strange about that. Every source I’ve seen said there was a release clause.

No conspiracy here. Just a team moving quickly on their target.
No conspiracy just saying what the reporter said. Hopefully GP had a look at what the Chelsea fans are saying on their forum,

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If that is the case, I am sure there must be gentleman's agreement that he does not take all the backroom staff then, as we want continuity within the club, hopefully Bjorn Hamburg and Billy Reid as well.

If Potter goes I'd be staggered if Reid and Hamberg didn't go with him. The massive jump in salary will apply to them as well as Potter, and I expect Potter will need all the support he can get going into the cauldron that is CFC.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No conspiracy just saying what the reporter said. Hopefully GP had a look at what the Chelsea fans are saying on their forum,

I wouldn’t believe anything unless it’s from the horses mouth! Plus it would be a pretty flagrant and risky breach of employment law to discuss sacking someone with an outside party!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If Chelsea had won their CL game the other night, would Tuchel have been sacked???

If we weren't currently sitting pretty in 4th place, would they still be talking to GP?

That's the sort of twattish club they are since becoming Chelski.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If Potter goes I'd be staggered if Reid and Hamberg didn't go with him. The massive jump in salary will apply to them as well as Potter, and I expect Potter will need all the support he can get going into the cauldron that is CFC.

They're absolutely going with him. That Kyle guy too. They're a team. No way is GP going on his own.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
TalkSport today said the decision had already been made, Tuchel clashing with the owners.

Judging by his post match interviews, it would appear the only person he doesn't clash with is himself.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
If Chelsea had won their CL game the other night, would Tuchel have been sacked???

IMO it was a matter of time. GP's rep is so good at the moment the top 6 are chomping at the bit to appoint him. Boehly (sic) has probably heard and been advised about him, like he has about Cucu, Fofana, Gordon at all the other transactions to appease the fans. They ended up blinking first. Come xmas, and we don't know, but Spurs and Liverpool could both be looking for new managers. TT had an impossible job and it was only a matter of time. The money spent says "you must win the league" and that is never going to happen as City will go unbeaten this season.

It's a shame if GP does go...I live in hope that he will stay but I accept that at 47, given the current height of his reputation, it would be silly not to capitalise on that now. Lose the next two games and Palace win theirs and it will be Viera everyone is talking about, or Fulham and Marco Silva. It's a funny old game.

On Viera...I wouldn't mind. I don't care much for the rivalry at the best of times so this isn't fishing at all, but if GP were to be replaced we could do a lot worse than enquire about Patrick.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
IMO it was a matter of time. GP's rep is so good at the moment the top 6 are chomping at the bit to appoint him. Boehly (sic) has probably heard and been advised about him, like he has about Cucu, Fofana, Gordon at all the other transactions to appease the fans. They ended up blinking first. Come xmas, and we don't know, but Spurs and Liverpool could both be looking for new managers. TT had an impossible job and it was only a matter of time. The money spent says "you must win the league" and that is never going to happen as City will go unbeaten this season.

It's a shame if GP does go...I live in hope that he will stay but I accept that at 47, given the current height of his reputation, it would be silly not to capitalise on that now. Lose the next two games and Palace win theirs and it will be Viera everyone is talking about, or Fulham and Marco Silva. It's a funny old game.

On Viera...I wouldn't mind. I don't care much for the rivalry at the best of times so this isn't fishing at all, but if GP were to be replaced we could do a lot worse than enquire about Patrick.

There's not a chance.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
I wonder if there has ever been a situation where a caretaker manager (probably Bruno) has, in his first game, taken a side to the top of the best league in the world?

Come on lads! :albion2:

Two caretaker managers on Saturday.............is that a first in the Premier League ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here