Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What an opportunity...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I wonder if there has ever been a situation where a caretaker manager (probably Bruno) has, in his first game, taken a side to the top of the best league in the world?

Come on lads! :albion2:

Di Matteo won the Champions League (with Chelsea) as caretaker manager.

(not quite the same, but worth mentioning...)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
1 things for sure, if Potter goes then we'll have no trouble appointing a new manager. They'll be queuing up for the job and Bloom although probably appoint within will have a big choice of quality candidates to choose from.
Who’s qualified to appoint from within?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
1 things for sure, if Potter goes then we'll have no trouble appointing a new manager. They'll be queuing up for the job and Bloom although probably appoint within will have a big choice of quality candidates to choose from.

notconvinced , if we drop down to mid table would be seen as a failure from where took over.

Best jibs are teams punching below weight

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Who’s qualified to appoint from within?

I wonder if we might go with Bjorn Hamburg, he seems to be more and more involved from the touchline this season in talking through tactical decisions with GP. He might be interested in finally stepping up into a managerial job and he's been by Potters side since 2011. He must know our systems inside out.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I wonder if we might go with Bjorn Hamburg, he seems to be more and more involved from the touchline this season in talking through tactical decisions with GP. He might be interested in finally stepping up into a managerial job and he's been by Potters side since 2011. He must know our systems inside out.

This could well be the answer, obviously dependent on if Mr Potter wants to take him with him.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
This could well be the answer, obviously dependent on if Mr Potter wants to take him with him.

He's been part of Potters back room team at Östersunds and Swansea as well as here so the chances are GP will want to take him, but the lure of being his own man as the head coach here may well trump being third in charge at Chelsea. He may think it's time to move out of Potters shadow.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

This

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If Chelsea had won their CL game the other night, would Tuchel have been sacked???

Interview on radio with a reporter who covers Chelsea, TT would have been sacked today regardless of the Champions league result.
Breakdown between TT and CFC board before season started. 100 days since CFC takeover, in those 100 days TT needed to turn it around.

Would not suprise me that CFC and BHAFC have had discussions about the possibility Potter going there whilst doing the transfer dealings between the 2 clubs, this has all happened quickly, within 2 hours of TT sacking, Chelsea ask to speak to Potter, and we give them permission shortly afterwards.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Would not suprise me that CFC and BHAFC have had discussions about the possibility Potter going there whilst doing the transfer dealings between the 2 clubs, this has all happened quickly, within 2 hours of TT sacking, Chelsea ask to speak to Potter, and we give them permission shortly afterwards.

If that is the case, I am sure there must be gentleman's agreement that he does not take all the backroom staff then, as we want continuity within the club, hopefully Bjorn Hamburg and Billy Reid as well.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Interview on radio with a reporter who covers Chelsea, TT would have been sacked today regardless of the Champions league result.
Breakdown between TT and CFC board before season started. 100 days since CFC takeover, in those 100 days TT needed to turn it around.

Highly unlikely. Any agreement like this would of needed GP’s blessing. He’s not the sort of man to covet another mans job.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This is interesting, some managers rely on the right hand man and fail on there own. Not saying it is like that with him and Potter although you just never know and would be interesting to see what happens if they broke up the team and Bjorn stayed with us.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Money shouldn’t be an issue with the compensation but the ability to work on a budget / improve players will be for some egos

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here