[Albion] What Amex Improvements Would YOU Like To See Over The Summer?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Water dispensers in WSU with plastic cups.

At least one food option that isn't beige in colour.

An adult sized soft play area (with ball pit) in the South Stand for the grumpiest away fans to burn off all that angry energy before kick-off.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Yes, yes they are

Instructions:

1. Select number of pints (1-4)
2. Swipe debit/credit card
3. Insert placky glasses (will be somebody on hand to do this for you, or help out with any other steps if necessary)
4. Press Start button
Then throw the full glasses in the nearest bin.
I’d heard sooooooo much about this neck oil, imagine my disappointment :(

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Blue roof back please, driving over the Falmer Road doesn't have the same 'wow' factor it did when it was blue.
Somewhere to put your pie & pint whilst on the concourse, it's difficult to eat a pie whilst trying not to spill beer. I've never successfully managed it, so someone has to hold my beer or pie until one has been ingested. Toilets outside & probably more bars outside, because if there is already a bar there I haven't noticed it! I'd also like a bottle top concession for jnrs, no matter what happens his drink ends up knocked over which means the poor sod in front gets water/coke on their coat if they put their coat on the floor like I do or the programme gets ruined. I'm not fussed about my coat or I wouldn't put it on the floor. (y)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think separate priority queues for park and ride for under 10’s and over 65’s would help to stop early leavers.
I’m not sure how viable or fair it is though, it’s not something I’ve thought through massively.

I refuse to leave early because Albion love scoring late goals, but I always feel bad making the little man stand in the massive bus queue on cold evenings.
Leaving 5 minutes early can mean the difference between waiting 10 minutes for a bus, as opposed to 45 minutes if you stay to the whistle and clap the players off.
We tested this. Leaving on 90 minutes and jogging to the Mill Road park n ride queue meant getting home 45 minutes to an hour earlier. That hour would’ve been spent just standing there.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think separate priority queues for park and ride for under 10’s and over 65’s would help to stop early leavers.
I’m not sure how viable or fair it is though, it’s not something I’ve thought through massively.

I refuse to leave early because Albion love scoring late goals, but I always feel bad making the little man stand in the massive bus queue on cold evenings.
Leaving 5 minutes early can mean the difference between waiting 10 minutes for a bus, as opposed to 45 minutes if you stay to the whistle and clap the players off.
Like the ‘disabled’ route to the platform, each U10 and O65 would be accompanied by about 10 others all claiming to be ‘part of that group’

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I have three bottle tops in my pocket right now, ready to take with me tomorrow.

Not kidding.
I do have a really simple system in place but (weirdly for a teen) as he's getting older he doesn't want to get caught breaking the rules. Probably the threat of a 20 year banning order for a bottle top is making him nervous about doing it! :lolol:

E1BBN2

Mar 29, 2023
Like the ‘disabled’ route to the platform, each U10 and O65 would be accompanied by about 10 others all claiming to be ‘part of that group’
No groups allowed, either you’re over 65, perhaps accompanied by one under 65, or you’re under 10 and accompanied by a maximum of two parents 🤷‍♂️

I know it’s not an easy fix, but it’d be great if something could be done.
It’s a nightmare for tired little ones, especially on colder days, and I look around at the elder fans with walking sticks etc, and feel their pain.

The queues are inevitable of course, but they are 100% a factor in some people’s choice to leave early. I sympathise with their decision.

Jul 7, 2003
Water dispensers in WSU with plastic cups.

At least one food option that isn't beige in colour.

An adult sized soft play area (with ball pit) in the South Stand for the grumpiest away fans to burn off all that angry energy before kick-off.
There are water machines in the middle of the WSU but often hidden by people standing next to them. They sometimes have cups on top. If not, you can just ask for a pint of tap water from any of the refreshment places without charge - it always surprises me that more people don’t know this and pay for a couple of quid for a small bottle of water.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I was back in September for our home game vs Leicester, first game since 2017 and I did notice how dirty the place looked and thought it was in need of painting and a good cleaning.
Really? This season I’ve been in WSU, WSL, South, North, ESU & EL - Many of the concourses are in great nick, the outside is also looking good. I wouldn’t have concluded it needed painting or cleaning other than just routine stuff. :shrug:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If we win, there should be staff going round selling shots shots (tuaca etc) to people, if they don’t drink alcohol (kids etc) they could buy a shot of Prime or something.

There also needs to be more flat surfaces in the toilet, chest high shelves etc. There are useful for, erm, putting your pint on when you have a slash.

Finally, an adult entertainment license for dicks as I think pre/post march strippers would go down really well.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The removal of the words to GOSBTS from the screens at the start of the game.

Safe standing. Although I’d prefer properly stewarded unsafe standing.

Bottle tops back :)-)) and more bars staffed by people who have been trained in how to our beer. We could increase the number of bars by using space better.

A third platform at Falmer station and a better bus lane running directly into Falmer.

Roof terrace bar! That would actually be bloody good fun.

New upper tier on North Stand ready for Champions league.

A commitment to make CPFC fans get the last train at Brighton station before the game and stop pandering to their habit of marching up Queen’s Road. Just break that up. No away fan pubs.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Extend the North Stand to twice its current size - I know, I know, but wouldn't it be great if we could

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
If we win, there should be staff going round selling shots shots (tuaca etc) to people, if they don’t drink alcohol (kids etc) they could buy a shot of Prime or something.

There also needs to be more flat surfaces in the toilet, chest high shelves etc. There are useful for, erm, putting your pint on when you have a slash.

Finally, an adult entertainment license for dicks as I think pre/post march strippers would go down really well.
Absolutely this! That bastion of northern culture that is lunch time pub strippers is sorely missing. Although they might have to ditch the pint glass being passed around as Amex is non cash.

Last time we enjoyed that was the FA cup away to Kingstonian. Someone jested at about 2.45 " I suppose we'd better leave and watch those other 11 cxxts ' . And sure enough they lost! :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports