Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a difference Redknapp has made

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
From reports of today's game, WBA's second goal shouldn't have stood and we were denied a blatant penalty late on. However these arguments shouldn't detract from the fact we've been shit all season. We don't need any more midfielders ... we need decent, reliable defenders and someone who can consistently put the ball in the back of the net. Against Fulham we had 19 attempts on goal and scored 2, today we had 18 attempts on goal and scored 1. Less than half of those attempts were on target!

If we can get those players in early in January we may have a chance but to be fair that's only because the others at that end of the table are nearly as bad as us. Any new arrivals will have to settle in very quickly. If he keeps us up (and I don't think he will), his bonus will be well and truly deserved. Still a better return than we had under Hughes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As I have said he will sign some experienced premier players to bring about their results and just hope that others go for him.

I struggle to see why an experienced decent Premiership player will want to go to a little club propping up the Premiership and odds on to go down.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Where do you see this recovery coming from?

It is still possible for them to escape, a splurge on players in january combined with the fact that Villa and Fulham are in freefall combined with Wigan/Stains/Reading really struggling and there is hope,only 3 for the drop and this year there will be couple of crap teams who would, in other years have been relegated.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It is still possible for them to escape, a splurge on players in january combined with the fact that Villa and Fulham are in freefall combined with Wigan/Stains/Reading really struggling and there is hope,only 3 for the drop and this year there will be couple of crap teams who would, in other years have been relegated.

True. But it's rarely achieved by the team in bottom place. Only once in 20 years isn't it? I could also understand experienced good Premiership players going to a "big" team near the bottom but not a small club actually at the bottom.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
True. But it's rarely achieved by the team in bottom place. Only once in 20 years isn't it? I could also understand experienced good Premiership players going to a "big" team near the bottom but not a small club actually at the bottom.

Cash is king !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cash is king !

So they'd just be replacing some overpaid players with more overpaid players. Not really what they want. Besides, would the club pay silly money when they stand a real chance of Championship football next season? And if they protected themselves by inserting a relegation clause they'd not attract any decent players as again there would be a very real chance of them having their pay halved.

I predict a few new faces in Jan but nothing head turning with early relegation and Redknapp blaming everyone but himself. Obviously he inherited a poor side and his hands were tied.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Which has created the problem in the first place, paying a load of Carlos Kickaballs like Bosingwa £60k a week who then refuses to sit on the bench. QPR are rotten from top to bottom, at least Reading have tried to do it without spending stupid money and they will be best placed to yoyo back up

This.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So they'd just be replacing some overpaid players with more overpaid players. Not really what they want. Besides, would the club pay silly money when they stand a real chance of Championship football next season? And if they protected themselves by inserting a relegation clause they'd not attract any decent players as again there would be a very real chance of them having their pay halved.

I predict a few new faces in Jan but nothing head turning with early relegation and Redknapp blaming everyone but himself. Obviously he inherited a poor side and his hands were tied.

They will splash the cash and they will take their chance, if it goes wrong they will splurge more cash while trousering the parachute money. This is football.

D

Deleted member 2719

Please fail again Harry it's my main motivation in watching MOTD to see his face, but
i am sure his mates LIneaCKER and hARSBUM will still love him.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The best thing about him leaving spurs is I don't have to listen to him anymore.

I see the famed man manager has already upset players

And his words "we couldnt have asked for harder fixtures recently" a out of form WBA and Newcastle.

Hopefully they will go down and some of his myth as a brilliant manager will vanish

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Difference is they will be Triffic lads who are over paid.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If I was a Villa fan I'd be worried. They concede 8, then Spurs get 15 corners in the first half and 4 goals in the second. They're missing two or three big players but then so are QPR.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here