Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Sussex v East Sussex

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We are all Saxons now. I would eligible to play for the West or East. And even for Adur (not called that then) before Chichester and Lewes got uppity and divided the nation into two.I could even qualify as a Man of Kent through my Great Great Great Great Uncle.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We are all Saxons now. I would eligible to play for the West or East. And even for Adur (not called that then) before Chichester and Lewes got uppity and divided the nation into two.I could even qualify as a Man of Kent through my Great Great Great Great Uncle.
Should East and West Sussex be merged with the capital be in Mid Sussex save a lot of tax payers money less chiefs and a few more Indians they tried to merge the fire services not so long ago but it did not work out.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Should East and West Sussex be merged with the capital be in Mid Sussex save a lot of tax payers money less chiefs and a few more Indians they tried to merge the fire services not so long ago but it did not work out.

I think we should invade West Kent, usurp part of Surrey and most of all, refuse to pay for HSV and Crossrail. And take Southern Rail into public ownership.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I think we should invade West Kent, usurp part of Surrey

I think that a perfectly acceptable annexation on the basis that the game of Stoolball must be brought back under the protective umbrella of the Kingdom that invented it.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think we should invade West Kent, usurp part of Surrey and most of all, refuse to pay for HSV and Crossrail. And take Southern Rail into public ownership.
Just take Tunbridgewells and bring Burwash back to Sussex we could give Gatwick back to Surrey.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Just take Tunbridgewells and bring Burwash back to Sussex we could give Gatwick back to Surrey.

Strange how so many childishly hate The Garden Of England but want Tunbridge Wells to be part of Sussex.
Whilst I agree that as a whole county Sussex is more picturesque than The Garden large parts of it have beautiful countryside and villages.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Strange how so many childishly hate The Garden Of England but want Tunbridge Wells to be part of Sussex.
Whilst I agree that as a whole county Sussex is more picturesque than The Garden large parts of it have beautiful countryside and villages.
I only want the part of Tunbridge Wells that Kent stole.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Kent is as perfectly nice as Hampshire, in my opinion, though obviously not as nice as Sussex, but I'm not in awe of Hampshire as so many Western Sussex folk seem to be. I find this as disappointing and hypocritical as the fact they sing a song in praise of their county council whilst watching a football team from a 'East Sussex' that so despise, due to their separatist dogma.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Kent is as perfectly nice as Hampshire, in my opinion, though obviously not as nice as Sussex, but I'm not in awe of Hampshire as so many Western Sussex folk seem to be. I find this as disappointing and hypocritical as the fact they sing a song in praise of their county council whilst watching a football team from a 'East Sussex' that so despise, due to their separatist dogma.

Sussex cannot match the combination of world class Trout, Grayling, Sea Trout and Salmon fishing and beautiful countryside and lovely villages that Hampshire offers on the stunning Test and Itchen chalk streams, it is a truly wonderful area.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Having lived in both (each for a considerable period of time) they are different and both are absolutely stunning in their own way !

Perhaps, instead of arguing which is better, we should rejoice in the fact that we all live in this wonderful part of the UK AND should maybe feel something for those who do not have that quality of life with which we have been graced.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Her Ælle 7 Cissa ymbsæton Andredescester 7 ofslogon alle þa þe þærinne eardedon; ne wearþ þær forþon an Bret to lafe.

(NB: 7 = Tyronian ampersand = &)

= 490. This year Ælle and Cissa besieged the city of Andredescester, and slew all that were therein; nor was one Briton left there afterwards.

That sorted out Pevensey

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here