Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West street FIRM

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
As a teenager I used to spend a lot of time at games and in the arcades of West Street 83 to 85 with some casual mates from Lancing. I knew a lot of the WSF by face but was never directly involved with them, was more into the fashion and trying to pull than fighting. Still see the odd face I remember at games now and again.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Weren't some just Pringle wearing cowards, who'd think nothing beating up in a numbers an innocent bystander in the street or in a Brighton nightclub ... if they'd drawn a blank and not pulled yet again?

No Queensbury Rules, or solely thug against thug.

That is, exactly the same as the 20 year old cowards that we all criticise today.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Weren't some just Pringle wearing cowards, who'd think nothing beating up in a numbers an innocent bystander in the street or in a Brighton nightclub ... if they'd drawn a blank and not pulled yet again?

Some were, but by no means all. You can't really refer to the WSF and its fringes as a homogenous firm, they were a real mixture over the years. Some were well respected by other serious firms, some were laughed at.

Jan 30, 2008
Some were, but by no means all. You can't really refer to the WSF and its fringes as a homogenous firm, they were a real mixture over the years. Some were well respected by other serious firms, some were laughed at.

all the local towns had their own firms , WSF mainly Brighton bods , not a lot of mixing going on if the truth be known .

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
all the local towns had their own firms , WSF mainly Brighton bods , not a lot of mixing going on if the truth be known .

True, which is probably why me and my Lancing mates were tolerated over there, but hardly welcomed with open arms. We might have looked the part but were still considered provincial. Lancing had a real repuatation in Brighton around that time. A lot of the West Street club's bouncers would ask where you were from, and if you said Lancing you wouldn't get in.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
quite a lot of skinheads in the east as well ???

Dont remember seeing too many skinheads in the East but then i wasnt there to boy watch i was there to watch football :whistle:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Southwick casuals ( hanging round the square & cricks ) had the hardest mob :) always used to run mile oak & portslade all over the place

I was one of the Southwick Casuals... Still see some of the guys. Great days and just read through the other thread, what great memories! In fact, sitting here reading this in my Fila BJ top! :ohmy::rolleyes:

Now take my kids to footy, glad those days are over. :thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
do leave off das , stop trying to make it anything more important than a simple enquiry if anyone knew him , it was 30 years ago ffs :lolol:
don't think it's important bushy he wasn't really a player was he, just a case of a bit of privacy when required , lets face it we don't really want names bounded about with anti social behaviour :hilton:

Last edited:

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
2 pages and not a single comedian giving it the 'aw pwopa nawty' impression. This site is improving.

I was waiting for that too.

I was kind of playing hooligan thread Bingo in my head and waiting to also tick off anything like "top boys" and "toe to toe"

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I was one of the Southwick Casuals... Still see some of the guys. Great days and just read through the other thread, what great memories! In fact, sitting here reading this in my Fila BJ top! :ohmy::rolleyes:

Now take my kids to footy, glad those days are over. :thumbsup:

Great days mate ( just sent you a pm ) :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here