Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West street FIRM

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I wasn't a casual, but I enjoyed going to the Crystal Rooms in my early teens. I once looked at a fellow youth who then proceeded to follow me round the arcade asking me if I was "being mouthy". Wasn't that much fun - I just wanted a go on Hi-Lo and Compton's Penny Falls.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Top of Cranbourne Street, bottom of the steps, improvised use of the tip of an umbrella on the top of a skinhead's bonce. Not me but anyone who was would surely remember. Especially the skinhead.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Yes i did occasionally a lot of them used to stand in the East in the early 80's we were all Sergio, L'Ecosted and Pringled up to the eyeballs !!
Anyone remember Mark Groves ???

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I wasn't a casual, but I enjoyed going to the Crystal Rooms in my early teens. I once looked at a fellow youth who then proceeded to follow me round the arcade asking me if I was "being mouthy". Wasn't that much fun - I just wanted a go on Hi-Lo and Compton's Penny Falls.

I remember younger kids always hanging around you when you were on a fruity going, go on mate push that one ,nudge that one, hold that one , FFS f*** off you annoying little shit

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
i do , he was from lewes , and wasnt west st firm.

I didnt say he was i just asked if anyone remembered him ??

You didn't really know who many of them were to be honest they weren't significantly bad hools just some nutters in there !!

Is he still around Mark havent seen him for years and years

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

You didn't really know who many of them were to be honest they weren't significantly bad hools just some nutters in there !!

Mr groves Lewis is still around cleaning
Windows :)

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Last time I saw mark groves was outside the stadium of light in lisbon euro 2004 , i knocked about with west st firm in 1981/82, knew a lot of them , so i suppose i could say i was part of it.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
You weren't the only one
Used to rip my skin to bits playing them arcade machines, took yonks to recover

You should have used the old "clipper lighter trick"

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
I remember having a right old fisticuffs session with the ICF in the East stand one Saturday !!
There were about 6-10 blokes all dressed in casual gear and as you know , when you go to every match week in week out you get to know the faces around you !!
At about 2.55pm on of these lads came up to my mate and said "have you got the time mate" in a real Cockney accent, my mate said "yeah pal its 2.55"
"right" says this bloke "time to kick off West Ham" and with that they just started laying into anyone and everyone.
Needless to say they got there heads stoved in as they were out numbered , but what a bunch of f***ing loonatics they were !!!

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Last time I saw mark groves was outside the stadium of light in lisbon euro 2004 , i knocked about with west st firm in 1981/82, knew a lot of them , so i suppose i could say i was part of it.

I went on one or two shopping expiditions with them but to be honest it was something i really didnt want to get involved at 14 /15

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I remember younger kids always hanging around you when you were on a fruity going, go on mate push that one ,nudge that one, hold that one , FFS f*** off you annoying little shit
"you've got the jackpot mate - the melon is 4 above the bell on the middle reel..."

Those were the days - there was a curious sort of dance that involved rocking up and down peering above and below the reels whilst pointing a finger and counting the required number of nudges - the skilful execution of this charade was traditionally rewarded with a token for the desperate scrote who would take it and try his luck in an adjacent machine...

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Thanks for that
Wow 29 pages, read about 15 pages I'll browse through the others later
Makes this thread irrelevant now I suppose just going over what's been said on NSC nearly 3 years ago , sorry

You get to an age where you don't mind going over old ground (well, i do anyway). I like hearing (and talking) about life in Brighton in the 80s, when life was simpler. I realise that makes me an old fart, but you get a wide range of insights on this board that you wouldn't necessarily get from your mates in the pub.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Used to pick on fellow Brightonians so no respect never really big league ... used to hang round with some bikers at the time of which some were huge they started on us whilst we were on our way to the hungry years and all you saw was them being thrown around, they ran away

bn18bloke

May 28, 2011
LA
they had some good lads who would make sure we didn't get embarrassed by clubs coming down and taking the p*ss

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here