[Cricket] West Indies v England Test Series

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In an uncertain world, it's nice to know that some things never change.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This is crazy, it's almost like dropping all the bowlers didn't fix the batting

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Different country, different coach - same shit. If it CAN be f*cked up it WILL be f*cked up.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’m isolating with covid atm, so this match is very, very welcome.

With Jimmy and Broad left at home, and Archer and Robinson injured, the bowling ‘attack’ looks shockingly thin. One of the senior pair should be there - gives the feel we’re not treating it as a ‘proper’ Test series.

You sure watching is going to help :wink:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I mean...it's just funny now, isn't it? They clearly don't care so don't see why I should. Put the up for a National Comedy Award, I say.

Mrs Brown's Boys got a new series, and that's about 1/1000th as funny as this England team.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surprised by how unsurprised I am.

The mad thing is it's not like this is an AWFUL England team. There is SOME genuine quality there, just not anywhere near enough supporting talent.

What a waste of Joe Root's England career, atm.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
I mean...it's just funny now, isn't it? They clearly don't care so don't see why I should. Put the up for a National Comedy Award, I say.

Mrs Brown's Boys got a new series, and that's about 1/1000th as funny as this England team.

If you just accept we are a poor side at the moment it's easier to process these type of performances. We are bottom on the test championship for a reason - our players aren't good enough right now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've got two mates who paid a lot to go out to Antigua for this and posted a pic on one of our whatsapp group of them in shorts and t-shirt drinking a morning lager. My retort, once I saw we were batting, was "what are you doing on Thursday?"

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I think the answer is that we play too much 4 day cricket in the summer and not enough T20 etc.

Can I suggest a split County Season between March/April resuming October/ November?

That should sort things...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I expect he probably did after Oz. Not his fault there is a huge lack of test batting ability in this country

They're rudderless. They've been rudderless for a long time. The treatment of Broad and Anderson is telling. Doesn't seem to be a clear plan with all the chopping and changing. Only now bringing Foakes in. This isn't just about ability, it's about team spirit, and it's been lacking for a few years now. It can't be a great atmosphere to come into, and so new players are finding it even tougher than test cricket is anyway. He's the best batsmen by a country mile, but we've been too frightened to take the captaincy off him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports