Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] West Indies v England Test Series

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I’m isolating with covid atm, so this match is very, very welcome.

With Jimmy and Broad left at home, and Archer and Robinson injured, the bowling ‘attack’ looks shockingly thin. One of the senior pair should be there - gives the feel we’re not treating it as a ‘proper’ Test series.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

With Jimmy and Broad left at home, and Archer and Robinson injured, the bowling ‘attack’ looks shockingly thin. One of the senior pair should be there - gives the feel we’re not treating it as a ‘proper’ Test series.

Get well soon, this will be a good series to watch. Are England in 'transition' or is this a reflection of their weakness ?

Jul 7, 2003
Coverage is with BT Sport again rather than Sky

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Get well soon, this will be a good series to watch. Are England in 'transition' or is this a reflection of their weakness ?

Both I would say. With the bowling options as it is we've decided to use the series to prove Overton isn't good enough as well as being a racist

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
FFS, it's on Talksh*te. That's the series ruined for me already, don't know if I can do another three tests of "EDGED!"

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
From Cricinfo
Pitch and conditions

A straw-coloured, intermittently cracked surface awaits on Tuesday, although it's anyone's guess at this stage how it will play. West Indies and Sri Lanka played out two high-scoring draws in the ground's most recent contests last year, although it didn't seem that way when Sri Lanka crumbled to 169 all out in their first innings. The weather is set to be glorious, with intermittent Caribbean storms coming and going in a matter of minutes.

We're going to pick 4 right arm seamers and no spinner aren't we?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Hope the pitch offers up a good contest between bat and ball for this one. Unlike the Pakistan vs Australia test that ended in a very dull bat-dominated draw earlier today.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Hope you’re OK…….completely agree. Dropping both was brainless IMO.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Nothing too serious, but getting pretty tiresome. Two grim days of shivering and nasty headaches. Now just a dull headache and a crappy sore throat. And zero energy to actually do anything. Positive PCR was on Wednesday, then positive on the LFT every day since. Every new positive is a real downer, as it confirms at least 2 more days locked up!

Confined to bedroom and upstairs bathroom.

Have some company in the day now though, as younger lad tested positive yesterday :rolleyes:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nothing too serious, but getting pretty tiresome. Two grim days of shivering and nasty headaches. Now just a dull headache and a crappy sore throat. And zero energy to actually do anything. Positive PCR was on Wednesday, then positive on the LFT every day since. Every new positive is a real downer, as it confirms at least 2 more days locked up!

Confined to bedroom and upstairs bathroom.

Have some company in the day now though, as younger lad tested positive yesterday :rolleyes:

Yuck. I had nothing more than a fleeting temperature and a bit of a cough and sniffle for a couple of days…..tested faintly positive in the morning on day 5, so did another test in the evening which was negative, and then again the following morning. With hindsight I suspect I would have been positive a few days before I first tested.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
The weather is set to be glorious, with intermittent Caribbean storms coming and going in a matter of minutes.

I would happily give a kidney to be out there following the tour right now.

Awful combo of BT Sport & Talksh|te means I won't be following it very closely at all :nono:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
West Indies: 1 Kraigg Brathwaite (capt), 2 John Campbell, 3 Nkrumah Bonner, 4 Jermaine Blackwood, 5 Shamarh Brooks, 6 Jason Holder, 7 Joshua da Silva (wk), 8 Alzarri Joseph, 9 Kemar Roach, 10 Veerasammy Permaul, 11 Jayden Seales

England: 1 Alex Lees, 2 Zak Crawley, 3 Joe Root (capt), 4 Dan Lawrence, 5 Ben Stokes, 6 Jonny Bairstow, 7 Ben Foakes (wk), 8 Chris Woakes, 9 Craig Overton, 10 Mark Wood, 11 Jack Leach

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Particularly as Collingwood is a rookie manager and would have benefitted from their combined 33 years of test experience, including multiple series in West Indies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here