West Ham

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We will get DEMOLISHED at least FOUR nil. We are completely and utterly f***ed.

SouthamptonGuy

Apr 3, 2011
Lol jjb Im not sure you write up is totally true being you only just got your win. Admittedly had a goal unfairly ruled out. But carew won loads of headers missed an easy one towards the end, there new lad had a shot cleared of line and you were so fortunate not to score an own goal.

seagulls

Describing West Ham's style, jjb is spot on. They bypassed their own midfield for the vast majority of the game, hoofing it up to Carew and trying to pick up second balls and flick ons. So long as you are alert for second balls you'll be ok. Baldock looked very lively and Mackail-Smith-esque.

Kevin Nolan, I predict, will seriously go down in your opinions too. He certainly did mine. He harasses the ref to the point of, well...harassment. Didn't seem interested in actually playing football.

I imagine that regardless of the result you will be very happy that Sam Allardyce doesn't manage your club, arrogant yet uninspiring.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Describing West Ham's style, jjb is spot on. They bypassed their own midfield for the vast majority of the game, hoofing it up to Carew and trying to pick up second balls and flick ons. So long as you are alert for second balls you'll be ok. Baldock looked very lively and Mackail-Smith-esque.

Kevin Nolan, I predict, will seriously go down in your opinions too. He certainly did mine. He harasses the ref to the point of, well...harassment. Didn't seem interested in actually playing football.

I imagine that regardless of the result you will be very happy that Sam Allardyce doesn't manage your club, arrogant yet uninspiring.

Hmmm i listened to the game. And it didn't sound that clear cut to me.

seagulls

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
A fair result would have been us 2-0 at half time and 3-1 at full time. They only had one clear chance which was saved well. Chaplow could have scored one of two chances, one a very good stop. Another block to stop connolly shooting at an open goal in the first half as well. Plus we got round the back of them really easily, on another day, Lamberts knock downs would have fallen to a saints foot and not a west ham foot. Second half we had the first 30 mins, tehn the last 15 really was back to the walls. Guly had a chance to score but Almunia made a great stop and De Ridder should have had his goal, but the ref made and error. In their 15 mins at the end of the game Davis made a save from Nolan, about the only time they threatend. The post incident wasn't even a dangerous ball in, it was just a defensive error.

I think the stats suggest we were the better team and good value for the win with 9 shots on and 9 shots off target I believe whilst West ham had 4 shots on and 6 off.

The Baldock chance also wasn't a clear 1v1, Hooiveld and Fox got back and he tried to bend it in from 25 yards.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Just didn't sound as one sided as you make out

seagulls

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
BBC thought they played well in second half.
Physical at first, then later great passing.
Was always one of those who scores first, wins, type of games.

Albion will get beaten (Dicker & Painter, sorry), as we've only got the 15th largest player budget. Taricco is right that that reflects quality.
But building for 2012/13.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
A little bit of optimism wouldn't go amiss. We are a good football team, a developing, evolving team & we have a good chance against anyone in this division.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sadly I feel their direct style will be too much for us. Not looking forward to this one much at all. We need to keep our foot on the ball and maintain quality possession and above all stop a barrage of crosses into our box. West Ham are more than capable of putting in a woeful performance, so we do have a chance, but if we allow them to dictate the pace of the game we will get beat.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We really have no confidence in our defence against big teams, don't think that I have ever seen so many on here throw in the towel before a ball is kicked. I have to agree, we are f***ed. I just can't see that we will be able to cope however much possession we have, a big lumped ball to Carew or Cole and we are gonna be in trouble as they bully us out of the way. I still have the image of Greer looking like the size of a small child jumping against Carew last season. Casper punching all game doesn't inspire me either.

Last edited:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I see you are in Austria, have you seen us play lately?

No, but this is a division where no side has so far proved unbeatable - including West Ham.

Their style of play could prove too much for us but stranger things than a Brighton win happen every weekend in English football.

I'm sure that our management staff are fully aware of West Ham's strengths and weaknesses and I think they've proved over the last 18 months that they deserve our trust.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Maybe as an exile I shouldn't be allowed an opinion but last time I looked we were top half in the Championship for the first time in donkeys years. Just don't understand the defeatism:shrug:

I'm sure if anyone was to gauge the general mood amongst West Ham fans it wouldn't exactly be euphoric.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No, but this is a division where no side has so far proved unbeatable - including West Ham.

Their style of play could prove too much for us but stranger things than a Brighton win happen every weekend in English football.

I'm sure that our management staff are fully aware of West Ham's strengths and weaknesses and I think they've proved over the last 18 months that they deserve our trust.

I agree, I'm just not sure that we have the type of defenders to cope with big bullying forwards whatever tactics we employ. I would love you to bounce this thread if I am wrong, I won't be bouncing it if I'm right though...

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I saw wet spam at palace a few weeks ago and it's fair to say they were shit, very direct. Saying that when you play that style of play with an effective target man it will get you results, as they are proving.

Hate to say it, I can see us playing them off the park, creating plenty of chances and getting praise from the commentators for playing football the right way then conceeding from a mega hoof to Carlton 'friggin' Cole.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports