Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham target Dunk as Reid replacement

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
6m plus a smorgasbord of add-ons.
He will want top flight footy, we aren't going to be able to offer that in the near future, and we don't want another unhappy player situation at the club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shame this club doesn't show the ambition that would result in players wanting to stay here and get promoted with us rather than piss off at the first opportunity. Whilst I accept that we are a selling club, I'm pretty certain that we have no hope of promotion if we sell ALL our best players at the first sniff from Premier League clubs, which we seem to do.

Other teams such as Derby and Watford seem to have players who want to stay and play for them, why don't ours? Maybe we encourage them out of the door by making very little effort to keep them, wouldn't surprise me in the least if we did.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
One club. One ambition.

More like one step forward, two steps back.

When you're not getting rumours, or formal multi-million pound offers for your young players that you've scouted/developed is when you should start to worry...these days we should expect this type of stuff every window.
Doesn't mean we should sell or will sell but its healthy that we have players under watch by Prem Lge clubs.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Shame this club doesn't show the ambition that would result in players wanting to stay here and get promoted with us rather than piss off at the first opportunity. Whilst I accept that we are a selling club, I'm pretty certain that we have no hope of promotion if we sell ALL our best players at the first sniff from Premier League clubs, which we seem to do.

Other teams such as Derby and Watford seem to have players who want to stay and play for them, why don't ours? Maybe we encourage them out of the door by making very little effort to keep them, wouldn't surprise me in the least if we did.

Really ? We just gave Dunk (and Solly March) a vastly improved new long term contract. Just because there is public talk or gossip that clubs are interested in the CB doesn't mean he's going or even that WH have made an offer.
Ulloa, and Buckley left to play in the Premier League for I guess vastly improved wages/contract and only after the club had failed in a play off push. What would you have done about that ?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Really ? We just gave Dunk (and Solly March) a vastly improved new long term contract. Just because there is public talk or gossip that clubs are interested in the CB doesn't mean he's going or even that WH have made an offer.
Ulloa, and Buckley left to play in the Premier League for I guess vastly improved wages/contract and only after the club had failed in a play off push. What would you have done about that ?

All valid points, although it does seem that certain clubs are moe immune to 'poaching' than others, Derby County being a prime example.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I love these threads, they just show how small minded and insular Albion fans are.

£4m for Dunk is laughable.
He's borderline our biggest ever transfer.
Which will be Ulloa's £10m that many a fan would have been happy to drive him round the country for half that.

I'm just glad we have businessmen running the club and not a bunch of amateurs who get giddy at the merest mention of one million pounds.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I love these threads, they just show how small minded and insular Albion fans are.

Which will be Ulloa's £10m that many a fan would have been happy to drive him round the country for half that.

I'm just glad we have businessmen running the club and not a bunch of amateurs who get giddy at the merest mention of one million pounds.

They got giddy at the mention or £750k or less for Barnes & possibly haven't been the best businessmen transfer-wise over the last 12 months

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Nice to see a different slant put on things

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Some idiots said they'd be happy with under 3 million for Leo :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They got giddy at the mention or £750k or less for Barnes & possibly haven't been the best businessmen transfer-wise over the last 12 months
£750k or nothing.

Hmmm I'll have a think and get back to you.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think Dunk will go, it's OK to talk of ambition and promotion but we do need money to be able to do it. If, and it's a big IF, Dunk is playing well above the standard we require to play at CB then it's right to cash in, at say £10m, and use £3m to get a very good CB and then add to the fund that will support our ambition and playoff / promotion push.

In my opinion it's not a lack of ambition to sell your best players IF you reinvest any revenue in furthering your ambition and strengthening your overall position allowing you to achieve the broader ambition.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This thread is laughable. Some mickey mouse irons website have said dunk has been scouted and all of a sudden he's definitely leaving!!

Nothing to see here.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Could a swap with Murray be in the planning ???

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
He won't leave, he's only just finished his house extension :D

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He won't leave, he's only just finished his house extension :D

He could quite easily live there and commute to London though. It's, what, a ten minute drive (tops) to the A23?

Or sell the house...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here