Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham linked with Dunk....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Anyone offering to drive him up there, who are you bringing back with you?

We'd be idiots to take anything for Dunk without having a better player lined up. NEWSFLASH - teams are looking at Dunk because they don't think there are better players about at that price...

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I wouldn't consider it for less than £10m and even then I'm not sure I'd do it. For all the knee jerkers out there, simple question. Who do you get for the money and what guarantee is there they will hit the ground running? He makes mistakes and has struggled of late but the fact remains he's one of the best centre half's in this division, knows the club, is settled in the area, has a good injury record.

Anyone who comes in is likely to want more money and time to settle, even if he's better. Until the recent injuries we have had one of the best defensive records in this division, did he play no part in that?

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Anyone offering to drive him up there, who are you bringing back with you?

We'd be idiots to take anything for Dunk without having a better player lined up. NEWSFLASH - teams are looking at Dunk because they don't think there are better players about at that price...

Id take 5 Million any day of the week for someone that has cost us 9 points this season.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I wouldn't consider it for less than £10m and even then I'm not sure I'd do it. For all the knee jerkers out there, simple question. Who do you get for the money and what guarantee is there they will hit the ground running? He makes mistakes and has struggled of late but the fact remains he's one of the best centre half's in this division, knows the club, is settled in the area, has a good injury record.

Anyone who comes in is likely to want more money and time to settle, even if he's better. Until the recent injuries we have had one of the best defensive records in this division, did he play no part in that?

How much did Greer, Uwe and Goldson cost us? We could easily replace him for £1m and use the rest towards strengthening our attacking options.

That said, I'd be very surprised if any premier league team are seriously considering a bid.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
How much did Greer, Uwe and Goldson cost us? We could easily replace him for £1m and use the rest towards strengthening our attacking options.

That said, I'd be very surprised if any premier league team are seriously considering a bid.

:lolol:

Uwe cost in excess of £2m, made a decent start too but Dunk has kept him out for most of the season. Greer was a league one signing and over 6 years ago and Godson didn't play a league game until both Greer and Hunemeir were injured, apart from that your reasoning is sound.

As an aside who are these Championship promotion standard centre half's we can get for less then a million?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have never believed the stories of us turning down £5m for Dunk. I was told it was nearer £2m hence we turned it down but only 1 person knows the truth.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I have never believed the stories of us turning down £5m for Dunk. I was told it was nearer £2m hence we turned it down but only 1 person knows the truth.

I would imagine and place good money on the fact more than 1 person knows the truth on the basis that at least the person making the offer would know aswell as the person receiving the offer then the whole conspiracy theory about the British secret service monitoring all our emails and telephone conversations not to mention the Russians and Americans.... Loads a people know.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I would imagine and place good money on the fact more than 1 person knows the truth on the basis that at least the person making the offer would know aswell as the person receiving the offer then the whole conspiracy theory about the British secret service monitoring all our emails and telephone conversations not to mention the Russians and Americans.... Loads a people know.

How much was it?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry when I said 1 person I was meaning that in the sense of from our side possibly more as TB and PB and head of recruitment.but not the numbers of people on here quoting the figure.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
So, if only 1 person knows the truth, what makes your source credible? Unless your source is of course the 1 person that knows the truth......which is unlikely.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
It wouldnt be right to say. If you think he is worth £5m stick with it.
Ok fair enough. It's not about what I value him at though, it's about believing what is being reported in the media. I'm sure whatever was printed in the press was sourced from the club.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here