[Albion] West Ham away tickets

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Two things on this, firstly we do not know if the club could monitor who has tickets in their basket and secondly most of the people DO go on to buy as they allocate the tickets in their basket to people on their friends and family list.
I would be surprised if there isn't a log of what's going on including cancelled transactions especially around the 14:00-14:15 mark.... spent many years looking at transaction logs to spot problems.

There has been a perceived problem that people are cheating the system for their mates. I don't know the scale of the problem , I assume the club does as it has tried to sort it out i.e. by flushing the out the sales before changes in tiers.

I don't know what happened this morning.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I would be surprised if there isn't a log of what's going on including cancelled transactions especially around the 14:00-14:15 mark.... spent many years looking at transaction logs to spot problems.

There has been a perceived problem that people are cheating the system for their mates. I don't know the scale of the problem , I assume the club does as it has tried to sort it out i.e. by flushing the out the sales before changes in tiers.

So to summarise you don’t know anything about it at all, best type of advice to put on the internet 😂

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

I probably would not call it cheating so much as it is something the system allows anyone to do if they are set up to do it. For example let us say the cut off between two tiers is 300 points and you have 310 and a good mate of yours has 290. So you go on and buy your ticket the previous day and about 8.40 the next day you log on to the ticket system, as you can because you have enough points, and put a ticket in the same block in your basket. Then at 9.00 you allocate that same ticket to your mate on your family and friends list and buy it. This in itself is not a problem until there are very few tickets left at the point a new tier opens when they could virtually all be selected in this way and none be available to someone who is legitimately in the new tier without a mate in a higher tier.
The club did say that they had a way of clearing baskets just before a new tier opened and i believe they did use that once but it would seem they now think (or only have available) that the method of closing the whole ticketing site and restarting it at 9.00 with a random queue is the way to go.
The only thing i would say about today apart from my previous post is that i think the club (unless it was a trial run) had no need to fire it up for day one of west ham when it was pretty obvious that it was never ever going to sell out!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I probably would not call it cheating so much as it is something the system allows anyone to do if they are set up to do it. For example let us say the cut off between two tiers is 300 points and you have 310 and a good mate of yours has 290. So you go on and buy your ticket the previous day and about 8.40 the next day you log on to the ticket system, as you can because you have enough points, and put a ticket in the same block in your basket. Then at 9.00 you allocate that same ticket to your mate on your family and friends list and buy it. This in itself is not a problem until there are very few tickets left at the point a new tier opens when they could virtually all be selected in this way and none be available to someone who is legitimately in the new tier without a mate in a higher tier.
The club did say that they had a way of clearing baskets just before a new tier opened and i believe they did use that once but it would seem they now think (or only have available) that the method of closing the whole ticketing site and restarting it at 9.00 with a random queue is the way to go.
The only thing i would say about today apart from my previous post is that i think the club (unless it was a trial run) had no need to fire it up for day one of west ham when it was pretty obvious that it was never ever going to sell out!
That is the problem. Your mate has benefited from having you being able to log on before his allocated sale time. Someone else who might be in the same tier as your friend might not have that advantage and therefore risks missing out. Clearing out baskets 30 minutes before a new sale tier opens is the right way to proceed.

theboybilly

Why is it so important to be on at 9am anyway?
If you think West Ham away on a Tuesday night in January is selling out in the first hour you’re f***ing head mental.
For some (like me) getting in as early as possible gives you the opportunity to find a seat that benefits you (due in my case to me wanting to be able to sit if possible)
I've long since given up on any hope of this because (using Goodison as an example) many able-bodied folk snap up the front row meaning that even should I manage to get a seat there so many will stand in front of their seats forcing me to stand to get a view down the near touchline. Nowadays I just wait on Day 1 until after 11am (no queue) , buy something that looks workable (the seat plans are generally useless for this) and attempt to work something out on the day with the help of a kindly steward. The days when it all comes together are increasingly rare now. Sometimes I long for half a block to myself at Barnsley, Wigan, or Rotherham midweek

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
800 or so left in the open stands.
I assume Block 218 is being held back, or has it sold out this morning? (feel unlikely).
If so, looks like the club have held back 900 tickets or so (218 and half of 219).

Which means little more than 1000 sold this morning.
So much for the closed shop.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
800 or so left in the open stands.
I assume Block 218 is being held back, or has it sold out this morning? (feel unlikely).
If so, looks like the club have held back 900 tickets or so (218 and half of 219).

Which means little more than 1000 sold this morning.
So much for the closed shop.
It's 1.30 on Monday.......
Let's see at 9.00 on Friday shall we.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
That is the problem. Your mate has benefited from having you being able to log on before his allocated sale time. Someone else who might be in the same tier as your friend might not have that advantage and therefore risks missing out. Clearing out baskets 30 minutes before a new sale tier opens is the right way to proceed.
It could actually be someone in the tier above misses out.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Its giving someone an unfair advantage which IMO is cheating the system.

I would be surprised if what happened this morning was anything to do with the flushing out sales as such - there weren't any as this is start of Tier 1 selling . I suspect some one picked to start the queueing system by mistake.

Time might tell.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I would be surprised if what happened this morning was anything to do with the flushing out sales as such - there weren't any as this is start of Tier 1 selling . I suspect some one picked to start the queueing system by mistake.

Time might tell.
No it was deliberate, see the FAB thread. Possibly didn't realise it would cause such a big queue though probably due to home matches being on sale at the same time.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

Time might tell.
Can i just clear up that i am not condoning what happens as regards "basketing" but having been on both sides of it was just explaining how it works and how the system allows it to happen. Personally i would be very much in favour of the basket clearing method being applied in situations which warrant it i.e. small amount of tickets left and large tier about to open but not in favour of the queuing system being used wholesale in non appropriate situations like today.
The queuing system would be ok if it could be used for one particular event and maybe that could be engineered in future by not releasing home games, parking and a london away match at the same time!

The fantastic irony in this mornings fun is it’s actually the one sales window where the club didn’t need to do anything re clearing baskets. It’s all tier 1 buying for tier 1 anyway!! Chortle.
It's the other half learning what we have to put up with, down with our Tier 1 overlords :laugh:

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Just an update, the rest of block 219 has been released leaving just block 218 of about 450 seats to go.
just over 1200 on sale at the moment meaning about 1350 sold or kept for club comps etc.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Absolute pain in the arse this morning.

Thanks @Bozza for the explanation, hopefully the club will find an acceptable solution.

Last edited:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Logged in at 8.58 and almost 4k ahead of me. So presumably that means I won't get a ticket even if I wait 50 mins? WTF?!
I logged in @ 0856 and was number 866....got in at 0907 and I only wanted car park tickets.......wolves worked as normal however the spurs page was totaly screwed which they agreed on online chat....but they done something their end and fixed it...

West Ham away on the first day back at work is a no no for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports